Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 6:58 AM
I created my Sim... the first day went fine--until her energy plummetted. Sleeping on the ground only increases energy a teensy bit, and when she wakes up she's hungry and... stuff. I know, I know, I should just buck up and keep going... but I feel like complaining. :P
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:20 AM
Woo! I'm half way there! Chester Hobokien III made 2000-ish on his own, but he fell in love with an old woman that he met at My Muse II and they got married. She wound up bringing in 7000 simoleons. So, he has 10000ish altogether!

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
#28 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:26 AM
wow this sounds like a really hard challenge, i'd love to see some pictures
Mad Poster
#29 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SSChan
Woo! I'm half way there! Chester Hobokien III made 2000-ish on his own, but he fell in love with an old woman that he met at My Muse II and they got married. She wound up bringing in 7000 simoleons. So, he has 10000ish altogether!

How long did it take him to get to 2000ish simoleans? Do you have any tips? Especially with regard to getting motives up after sleeping on the ground, and on getting them a decent night's sleep! That's SO hard to do!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
I dunno how long it took. He has 19 days of being an adult left, so not too horribly long.

It's actually quite easy once you gain access to a hobby club! So, work your way up to buying an easel with doing barista/bar work. Then work, work, work on painting! Eventually you can go to the club, use their grill to eat, wash-up (if you're a man, you might have to use the wash hands interaction a bunch of times because Maxis put the shower in wrong, you can sit at the tables for comfort too! If you have time, go over to the easel and paint some more!

Soon, you'll be selling masterpieces right and left (if you keep your sim in a good-enough mood) and it won't be too long till you have money. And, you can find your spouse at the hobby club because they'll always be there for you to socialize with!

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:33 AM
I dunno how long it took. He has 19 days of being an adult left, so not too horribly long.

It's actually quite easy once you gain access to a hobby club! So, work your way up to buying an easel with doing barista/bar work. Then work, work, work on painting! Eventually you can go to the club, use their grill to eat, wash-up (if you're a man, you might have to use the wash hands interaction a bunch of times because Maxis put the shower in wrong, you can sit at the tables for comfort too! If you have time, go over to the easel and paint some more!

Soon, you'll be selling masterpieces right and left (if you keep your sim in a good-enough mood) and it won't be too long till you have money. And, you can find your spouse at the hobby club because they'll always be there for you to socialize with!

Again, it's mostly easy because you have Freetime :D
Don't forget you can't control his wife though.

EDIT: I just noticed your sim's name XD Clearly I am very lacking in noticing power today...
Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:36 AM
He's now earned 10,000 buy himself, and has 4,000 to go in the challenge! That means about 8 more paintings! Hoorah! And I'm really freaking surprised his Elder wife hasn't died yet. XD

EDIT: Make that 2,000 to go. :3
EDIT 2: Hee hee, glad ya like it. He's a CLASSY hobo, you see. XD

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:39 AM
He's now earned 10,000 buy himself, and has 4,000 to go in the challenge! That means about 8 more paintings! Hoorah! And I'm really freaking surprised his Elder wife hasn't died yet. XD

I would be too. Although that saves you the aggravation of accidentally getting her pregnant, because that would be a Very Bad Thing (I don't believe you can get bottles at community lots, can you?)

EDIT: You are one fast challenge player O.o It took me ages to actually do this myself!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:41 AM
lol. They don't go anywhere that they CAN try for baby, even if she was his age. They have teh woohoos using XXXSims hacks of smuttiness. ^^;

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:43 AM
lol. They don't go anywhere that they CAN try for baby, even if she was his age. They have teh woohoos using XXXSims hacks of smuttiness. ^^;

Excuse me while my brain finally processes what may have motivated that old lady to marry a hobo. XD
Field Researcher
#36 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:45 AM
Classy hobo, remember. Classy. Bahahaha.

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:48 AM
I'm sure. As classy as they go.

You know, I always wondered why people say Bahaha as evil laughter. Do they have a class somewhere where they taught Aweinspiring Satanic Laughing (ASL) and made that the standard or something? o.o

EDIT: Oh, wait. MUAHUAHUA is the standard, isn't it?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:51 AM
Well, you see, it all depends on how evil you feel. It's like formal and informal nouns. Bahaha is for everyday, normal, dastardly/mischivieous use, whereas Muahahahahaha is for your "drowning cats and blind puppies" moments. Meeeweeeheeheehe, on the other hand, is for the chidlen. ;D

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 2:56 AM
Well, you see, it all depends on how evil you feel. It's like formal and informal nouns. Bahaha is for everyday, normal, dastardly/mischivieous use, whereas Muahahahahaha is for your "drowning cats and blind puppies" moments. Meeeweeeheeheehe, on the other hand, is for the chidlen. ;D

Either way, anyone saying the first two out loud in public is sure to draw a lot of blank stares.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:04 AM
Figured you'd like to meet Chester:

Caption: A Hobo's Double Bed :D

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:05 AM
Those clothes are PERFECT.

And the sleeping picture made me laugh.
#42 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:16 AM
Ha, Chester is quite awesome. My Sim isn't quite as shabby chic- she wears one of the backpacking outfits that came with BV and a bandana-thing that came with... Kitchen and bath, maybe? I can't remember.

I haven't played my hobo again since I last posted... I sort of dread attempting to get her energy up- so frustrating.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:41 AM
DONE with a score of 114,610 (2 friends, 1 love, 112,050 Asp. Points, 20,000 simoleons, 14 days)! That was so fun!

Time to build The Hobokiens a nice little shack, or at least get them a tent and some other necessities! X3

-Holy Hell!-

Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:58 AM
DONE with a score of 114,610 (2 friends, 1 love, 112,050 Asp. Points, 20,000 simoleons, 14 days)! That was so fun!

Time to build The Hobokiens a nice little shack, or at least get them a tent and some other necessities! X3

Have a cookie XD You definitely blew this challenge out of the water...and how on earth did you manage so many aspiration points?

alwayskatharine: Yeah, that's probably the hardest part of the whole challenge. Don't worry, it gets easier when you finally get enough creativity points to make the time awake productive.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 4:04 AM
*noms on cookies* He sold a lot of masterpieces while having the wants. Plus, he often got wants to make such and such amount of money, and those were worth quite a bit. And sometimes, he actually wanted something to do with his woman. XD

-Holy Hell!-

Mad Poster
#46 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 5:23 AM
I like their house SSChan!

I had to start over 'cause of a stupid glitch. So I've made a new dude in a different neighbourhood. I'm still on day 1, he just woke up on the ground after getting home after a whole day at a community lot. He earned $752 as a barista, so I bought him an easel He's just off to a community lot now to freshen up, then home to paint paint paint!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I like their house SSChan!

I had to start over 'cause of a stupid glitch. So I've made a new dude in a different neighbourhood. I'm still on day 1, he just woke up on the ground after getting home after a whole day at a community lot. He earned $752 as a barista, so I bought him an easel He's just off to a community lot now to freshen up, then home to paint paint paint!

Aw. How far'd you get?

Well, at least you're already at the can-afford-easel stage
#48 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:42 PM
I played my hobo for a while today, but I keep hitting roadblocks.. I'll go to a community lot and get all of her needs almost maxed except sleep, so she'll go home and sleep- and when she wakes up she refuses to paint (I bought her a folding chair, an eisel and an electric toy airplane). So I'll have her sit in the chair for a while, and then she'll play with the toy, in attempt to bring her needs up enough to paint something. At this point she's usually starving, so I have to have her go to a community lot to eat, etc. Repeat. Grr. I guess I'll just keep trying, and I figure I'll get there eventually.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alwayskatharine
I played my hobo for a while today, but I keep hitting roadblocks.. I'll go to a community lot and get all of her needs almost maxed except sleep, so she'll go home and sleep- and when she wakes up she refuses to paint (I bought her a folding chair, an eisel and an electric toy airplane). So I'll have her sit in the chair for a while, and then she'll play with the toy, in attempt to bring her needs up enough to paint something. At this point she's usually starving, so I have to have her go to a community lot to eat, etc. Repeat. Grr. I guess I'll just keep trying, and I figure I'll get there eventually.

Eventually It does take a while to max out creativity so that painting is actually worth something, but after that it's fine Obviously, hobos in Sims are luckier than in real life XD
Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 2:54 AM
Has anyone figured out how to get a sim's energy up past a 1/4 bar full? Risa (my experimental sim), falls to the floor to sleep and always wakes up when her energy bar is 1/4 full. I tried having her go to a coffee bar and that only seems to lower her bladder and do nothing for her energy. I can't make her sleep any longer on the ground since that's completely up to her.
Page 2 of 11