Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:51 AM
Default CAW - Riverview Distant Terrain/Objects not showing up
I used CAW with all the Riverview objects years ago without problems. I have a little bug and I want to play around with CAW again. I cannot seem to get additional objects to show up in CAW this time around. Does it have something to do with Origin now? I am following all the instructions, but I can't seem to find any new postings about this issue that may have a newer solution. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Maybe I should add that I followed all the instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...099#post3390099
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:54 PM
You need to have the original Riverview installed for those items to work. Check that your copy is installed correctly, and also make sure you did not use the 'decrapify' option of the Sims 3 recompressor on your Riverview.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2019 at 4:35 AM Last edited by sweething_017 : 15th May 2019 at 4:57 AM.
Default Sol?
Thank you for taking your time to try to help me!
So...I had a little more time today to mess around with a few things. It still isn't working. I have done the following.

~Removed decrapified files that I downloaded. It was four files, but I believe they fix all the store content. The instructions were:
Situation 1: if you’re using .Sims3Pack files
1. Copy the "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" files to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\
2. Open (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup\ and look for a .package file called "ccmerged.package". If it’s not there, extract the "ccmerged.package" file from this .rar file and place the .package file in this folder. NEVER RENAME THIS PACKAGE!

I just removed what I put in. This was the first and only decrapified thing that I have done, as I didn't play for a few years while my kids were babies. Like 6 years! Up until a few months ago, I didn't know there was such a thing as decrapified. I only use the .SimsPack files for Store items.

~Uninstalled Riverview from game. Deleted from downloads folder. Redownloaded Riverview from thesims3.com and installed again.

~Removed CAW and reinstalled. (I checked to make sure I have the version that goes with 1.69)

~Tried installing CAW in the Origin Games folder.

I have not tried removing any CC and/or mods. I can try that, but it will have to wait till next week to attempt. Would you have any other suggestions before I do that?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th May 2019 at 1:37 PM
As long as you have the original Riverview installed, they should show. Take note of the metadata names so that you can find the objects in CAW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:39 PM Last edited by sweething_017 : 16th May 2019 at 5:09 AM.
Default I found them!
They are not under the names listed...for me anyway. They are all numbers and letters...??? Anyway, I'm a happy camper now! Thank you for all that you do
Screenshots