Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
My game crashes every time I try to load the Spector Household. Running on a fresh basegame only game (using AnyGameStarter) in the German language. Neighborhood was generated from a replaced neighborhood template. Other lots work, and I tried picking the lot and placing it back down with no luck. I've included the dump file text in case that's helpful.

The first post says that this version of Strangetown needs at least one EP, because of an EP 1 memory that was added.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:14 AM
Okay, just starting out, loaded the Smith House. Johnny and Jill don't recognize Pascal and Lazlo as family. Jenny does.

Attached pre-loading Hoodchecker log.

Edit: Curious House: Pascal and Lazlo have never met Johnny and Jill. Contrary to Johnny and Jill's all known sims list.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  N002log.txt (467 Bytes, 17 downloads)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#28 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:26 PM
Been playing this lot for some time now. Haven't had any of the issues I've read above. However, "snow" acts weird on flat surfaces on one computer (Intel HD530 graphics), but works fine on the other computer (Intel HD4600 Graphics). I deleted it from the problem computer, then re-installed it, and it seems to work fine for now.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:31 PM
Just wondering if there is an update. Would love to play this hood, but how can I do that when I already HAVE a Strangetown? Guess I could just remove THAT folder from the Neighborhoods folder...?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#30 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:26 PM
You can't fix an already broken hood, unfortunately. You can either continue playing an older version of Strangetown with your changes, new families etc., or you can start fresh by putting this one in.

Unless you're talking about wanting to play both Strangetowns simultaneously. In that case, you'll need to rename either hoods to something else by using Bulk Rename Utility or other batch-renaming program, to change the hood folder name and all files' prefix to something other than N002 (say, N200 or even N0022 or NewStrangetown). Good luck!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 7:51 PM
I just removed the old N200. When entered each lot, went to BatBox and found almost everyone had "corrupt memories", and most people (even teens) had memory of mystery sim (which I removed).. In Smith house, expected dialog about Johnny's birthday party is missing - maybe YOU didn't care any more than me. Resurrected dead Grunt mom. She's Romance; is that something YOU set, or Maxis, or random?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Just wondering if there is an update. Would love to play this hood, but how can I do that when I already HAVE a Strangetown? Guess I could just remove THAT folder from the Neighborhoods folder...?
Check out my post in this thread. I just did this from the dos prompt. Just follow what I did, replacing my hood numbers with yours.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...393#post5400393
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:20 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 23rd Aug 2019 at 9:41 AM.
Fixed Maxis Strangetown Update
Update v1.1 (2019/08/21)

This is well overdue, but I'm finally back with a much-needed update! Thank you to everyone who has tested this neighborhood and given feedback, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to return to this project.

You can download it here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1192736/

Changelog:

Please note that many of these fixes cannot be retroactively applied to an existing N002 (at least…not without some messing around in SimPE). For the fully fixed neighborhood, you will need to start afresh with the new version of N002.

Assuming all is well and it doesn't blow up for anyone, I think this should finally be ready for a proper release soon.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 2nd May 2020 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Update v1.1 (2019/08/21)

This is well overdue, but I'm finally back with a much-needed update! Thank you to everyone who has tested this neighborhood and given feedback, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to return to this project.

You can download it here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1192736/

Changelog:

Please note that many of these fixes cannot be retroactively applied to an existing N002 (at least…not without some messing around in SimPE). For the fully fixed neighborhood, you will need to start afresh with the new version of N002.

Assuming all is well and it doesn't blow up for anyone, I think this should finally be ready for a proper release soon.

@Dorsal Axe Thank you so much for your hard work!
Can't wait to try your fixed Strangetown soon.

Btw did you deleted broken Knut Futa as suggested by Jawusa or did you fixed him as much as you could?
Theorist
#35 Old 4th May 2020 at 12:44 PM
This version still features Knut Futa as a dead sim buried in Olive's garden. I'm not sure if OP made a clone of the sim and deleted the original. Your safest bet would be to just leave them dead.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
This version still features Knut Futa as a dead sim buried in Olive's garden. I'm not sure if OP made a clone of the sim and deleted the original. Your safest bet would be to just leave them dead.

I definitely won't touch any maxis dead sims :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Biara25
Btw did you deleted broken Knut Futa as suggested by Jawusa or did you fixed him as much as you could?

Unfortunately not. I looked into it, but ultimately decided not to do that in the end for various reasons. Mainly it's the difficulty in adding a new Sim without having to initialize the neighborhood.

I've left Knut as he was in the first version, with just the missing data restored or replaced where it was possible (his character file was completely shredded). I doubt he'll blow up the hood, but you may encounter some weirdness with him should you resurrect him. There shouldn't be any issues with the other deceased Sims though as they now have complete character files.

On another note, I will finally be uploading this to MTS with a new update that includes a wide range of relationship fixes but no other real changes. I haven't had any reports of anything bad happening with the most recent version, so I think now is the time.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Unfortunately not. I looked into it, but ultimately decided not to do that in the end for various reasons. Mainly it's the difficulty in adding a new Sim without having to initialize the neighborhood.

I've left Knut as he was in the first version, with just the missing data restored or replaced where it was possible (his character file was completely shredded). I doubt he'll blow up the hood, but you may encounter some weirdness with him should you resurrect him. There shouldn't be any issues with the other deceased Sims though as they now have complete character files.

On another note, I will finally be uploading this to MTS with a new update that includes a wide range of relationship fixes but no other real changes. I haven't had any reports of anything bad happening with the most recent version, so I think now is the time.

Thank you so much for clarifying that. Maxis Specter's ghost glitches always bugged me. Anyway I have no intentions on resurrecting any of them.
We can finally enjoy Strangetown safely thanks to you
Page 2 of 2