Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
Although you've removed the job upgrade I just want to be clear before I upgrade, that this won't affect young adults (or adults and elders) that are employed in full time jobs. For instance I have a Sim in college that has reached the top of her ballet career and I don't want her to lose her job and accrued vacation time when she graduates and moves back home after graduation. The current YA move-out leaves job status intact and I just want to be sure the updated version does the same.

As far as the Big Man/Big Woman on Campus memory ... that memory is for young adult Sims who are popular students with high influence. I don't believe that restricting it to young adults only is age discrimination ... in my opinion it's not age appropriate for adults or elders ( just my opinion). However, it's really not that big of a deal, it was just a thought.
Advertisement
just a girl
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:08 AM
Thank you for answering.
Quote: Originally posted by allison731
Yes, they was in the bin when I returned in main neighborhood and then I move them in one apartment lot.

Then sims should have get turned into adults on lot load (which may not be the best way to age them up, but anyway). There's nothing in MoveOut mod to prevent that, that's why I had to make YA stay YA in the first place. So you have something else at play here. Maybe other mod.
In any case, I would age up young adults to adults before returning to main 'hood, as you said. If you have phone call option, use that. It prompts YA's to age up.
I will think, how to best go about it in my mod. I should somehow make it clear that using computer/paper to move out doesn't prompt aging for young adults. I'll figure something out.
Quote: Originally posted by allison731
About new update of move out mod (I read it in the bottom of the comments), I like a new way with typing of the money amount.

At some point, I will update MoveOut mod with this dialog, too.
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
Although you've removed the job upgrade I just want to be clear before I upgrade, that this won't affect young adults (or adults and elders) that are employed in full time jobs. For instance I have a Sim in college that has reached the top of her ballet career and I don't want her to lose her job and accrued vacation time when she graduates and moves back home after graduation. The current YA move-out leaves job status intact and I just want to be sure the updated version does the same.

This won't affect anyone's jobs. Even if some sims have upgraded because of this mod.
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
As far as the Big Man/Big Woman on Campus memory ... that memory is for young adult Sims who are popular students with high influence. I don't believe that restricting it to young adults only is age discrimination ... in my opinion it's not age appropriate for adults or elders ( just my opinion). However, it's really not that big of a deal, it was just a thought.

I understand. Totally. If I find this code, it should be an easy fix.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:20 AM
I moved my first adult Sim from college back to the main neighborhood using the new version of the mod. Constance graduated and I moved her to a lot by herself and had her purchase new clothes. I then used Squinges YA birthday cake to age her to adult (I could have used the Sim Blender or the Sim manipulator ... I love having so many options, lol!). She ate a piece of cake and then I had her change her clothes. I then used the phone to move her back to the main neighborhood Redwood Cove; she is now in the Sim Bin. I like the new money option ... much better. Everything worked smooth with no hiccups.

I really enjoy using your mods ... would you believe that your folder in my downloads contains 15 mods? Thank you
just a girl
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:04 AM
Thank you for hanging out with me along the way I appreciate your notes about what's confusing, what conflicts with other stuff, what you liked, how things work in your game, etc.

I'm trying to decide how to allow students to move to main 'hood without needing to drop out or graduate. Maybe instead of modding regular moving via computer/paper I should make a separate option. In some cases we'd want them to drop out and become adults, but in other cases we may want them to just take a break, or continue education in main 'hood, for that matter.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:37 AM
I've having so much fun; your mods have enhanced my game tremendously. Thank you for allowing me to hang out with you.

I use Simlogical's University Break in my game so student's don't have classes on the weekends; and also for breaks during the winter, spring and summer or any time when I want to give them a break.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Learning.htm
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 7:17 PM
Is this mod available anywhere? The links don't work
Theorist
#32 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:28 PM
Lamare's mods are here, not sure if move out one is included. It might be in with the University mods: http://www.modthesims.info/browse/t...ype=1&showAll=1

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:56 PM
Are you able to transfer this over to The Sims 3? It seems like such a good idea!
just a girl
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 3:41 PM
I'm sorry I've been away for so long.
1. The links don't work, because I decided to take down this mod until I finish it.
2. No, I don't do mods for the Sims 3 (not at this level anyway).
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 4:07 AM
Am I able to ask if there will be a version where the funds is just handled completely automatically somewhat like no20khandouts? Because honestly, the whole managing splitting funds idea actually kind of stresses me out even if everything else sounds really good and interesting and I honestly, can't wait to be able to make my hoods more connected and interesting.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I'm sorry I've been away for so long.
1. The links don't work, because I decided to take down this mod until I finish it.
2. No, I don't do mods for the Sims 3 (not at this level anyway).

Did you mean to put the links back? Because they are working again now.
just a girl
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by THybrid21
Did you mean to put the links back? Because they are working again now.

Yes. I haven’t changed the mods though, and I can’t say if I will. I think I don’t really need an option to move sims from main ‘hood to Uni after all…
Inventor
#38 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 4:42 PM
Hi is this mod compatible with Story Progression mod?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Page 2 of 2