Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 7th Apr 2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: solved it

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (SOLVED) Sims 2 UC crashes while loading neighborhood
Today I redownloaded TS2 UC on my laptop due to the fact that I had freed up enough space for it. It loads up fine, but then it crashes when I try to load ANY neighbourhood.

One of the solutions I read was to disable Origin In Game. Did not work. I've tried windowed mode. Tried troubleshooting. Nada.

Does anyone know of any other solutions? There may already be a thread for this, but I couldn't find anything at all.

EDIT: Deleting cache files (another solution I saw) did nothing

EDIT2: I fixed it!! I deleted the UC folder (backed up SavedSims, Downloads and SC4Terrains first) in My Documents and then I ran the game to let it recreate said folder! Must have installed wrong :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 7:39 AM
How much free space do you have now? If you start a neighborhood for the first time, the game has to create a lot of NPCs and subhoods, maybe you're just out of room on your hard drive.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 10:16 AM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 6th Apr 2018 at 10:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
How much free space do you have now? If you start a neighborhood for the first time, the game has to create a lot of NPCs and subhoods, maybe you're just out of room on your hard drive.

I have around 7 GB - 7.21 GB, exactly - out of 57 GB left. I was concerned about space before, but it's out of the 'red zone', because the bar is blue rather than red, indicating I have plenty of room on my hard drive.

EDIT: I'm doing some clearing. I now have even more space left, 8.23 GB. I will try it now.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 1:34 PM
Nope. Nothing.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 3:49 PM
7 GB should be enough in any case. My sister had some issues like that once when her hard drive was in the red zone, but that was when she had only a couple MB left.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
7 GB should be enough in any case. My sister had some issues like that once when her hard drive was in the red zone, but that was when she had only a couple MB left.

I was thinking it may be because when I first downloaded it, I didn't have very much left. I've uninstalled it and am in the process of reinstalling now. Fingers crossed!
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:06 PM
What version of Windows are you running, and what GPU (Video card)?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
What version of Windows are you running, and what GPU (Video card)?

Windows 10, and...I don't know about GPUs at all ^^;
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 11:59 AM
Reinstalling did not work. Back to the drawing board, I guess... ^^;
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:54 PM
Ohh! I fixed it!!

I deleted the UC folder (backed up SavedSims, Downloads and SC4Terrains first) in My Documents and then I ran the game to let it recreate said folder! Must have installed wrong :D