Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 5th Aug 2018 at 11:21 PM.
Default (Fixed) Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility Fatal Error: Couldn't find document folder.
Whenever I try running the Sims 2 HCDU I keep getting a message that reads Fatal Error Can't read document folder even though the Sims 2 is in the document so it should be able to read it fine so what's the problem? I've even tried running it as an administrator but that didn't work either. I seem to recall this program working fine on Windows so maybe it's a Windows 8/10 problem. This is what my folder structure looks like C:\Users\wgame\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads. I'm on Windows 10 in case you're wondering.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 9:54 AM
It is not a Windows 10 problem.
The HCDU works fine with the UC on Windows 10 (one has to change the name of the folder, but it works).
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
It is not a Windows 10 problem.
The HCDU works fine with the UC on Windows 10 (one has to change the name of the folder, but it works).

What name do I change the folder to?
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
What name do I change the folder to?

Do you have the UC? In this case instead of "The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection" just rename it "The Sims 2". Of course, whenever you need to launch the game/bodyshop, make sure you'll rename the folder as before.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
Do you have the UC? In this case instead of "The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection" just rename it "The Sims 2". Of course, whenever you need to launch the game/bodyshop, make sure you'll rename the folder as before.

I had the exact same problem with my UC on Windows 7. Thank you so much!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I had the exact same problem with my UC on Windows 7. Thank you so much!

You're very welcome ^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 9:15 PM

Thank you but HCDU still couldn't read the Sims 2 folder because it's still unable to find the documents folder and the folder was already named The Sims 2.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 7:04 AM
I actually found out what mod was causing the reset sim glitch and it's the lecturestrong mod which I believe but I may be totally wrong about conflicts with HB_meanInteractionsToAnyAge which is really a shame because I never did figure out how to get HCDU to work and that program seems really useful for problems such as that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 9:13 AM
Where are you trying to run it from? I have mine inside of my Sims 2 folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where are you trying to run it from? I have mine inside of my Sims 2 folder.

One time I had it running in the downloads folder and after that didn't work so I moved it to the desktop but that didn't work either and running it the Sims 2 folder didn't work as well.
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I actually found out what mod was causing the reset sim glitch and it's the lecturestrong mod which I believe but I may be totally wrong about conflicts with HB_meanInteractionsToAnyAge which is really a shame because I never did figure out how to get HCDU to work and that program seems really useful for problems such as that.

I'm sorry it didnn't work out, unfortunately I don't know much more than that.
TBH, I barely use it (I usually try to see any conflict with the 50-50 method) - just take out one of the mods and see if the glitch is still there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM
I'm sorry it didnn't work out, unfortunately I don't know much more than that.
TBH, I barely use it (I usually try to see any conflict with the 50-50 method) - just take out one of the mods and see if the glitch is still there.

That's alright your suggestion is really helpful but the program just doesn't seem to want to work out for me no matter what I do and try so I guess that means that I have to do things the old-fashioned way by taking stuff out and then test out how the game functions without them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
I actually got it working again by making a new documents folder. For some reason HCDU couldn't read my old one. Thanks for helping me out anyways.