Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:13 PM
Default Finding base motive change values
Hello!

For a long time now I've wanted to mod the base values with which Sims' needs decay. I would like my Sims to be hungrier, and Sim kids to be less tired. It does not make sense to me that they eat once a day. Yes sure things take longer in the Sim world than in ours and so they can't eat three times a day, but I like having my Sim families sit down together and would like kids to have to be served food at least twice a day. And why is it a kid can't make it through a whole day without boosting energy with something?

I know that a lot of objects/interactions have their own individual motive changes while a Sim uses them, and I have modded some of those. But I would like to find the base, the rate a Sim has when they aren't being governed by a specific interaction or object. I am usually pretty good at finding the code I need, but this is unknown territory to me. So I was hoping someone might have ideas. Or perhaps came across something at some point?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:41 PM
The starting point is the 2 global op-codes 'Motives - Set Home Awake' (instance 0x0210) and 'Motives - Set Home Asleep' (instance 0x0211). These set the motive decay rates but it gets quite complicated, they use a bunch of other op-code like 'Motive - Set Adult Awake' etc. Tweak the literal values and constants all you like but as they run in all sim's main if you add or remove any lines it can cause a game reset.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 8:17 PM
Awesomesauce! I had started going over all the BHAVs in global group in BG, in the hopes I'd eventually find a place to start but this certainly makes things easier. I was secretly hoping you'd see this because I figured you would know Thanks a ton, both for the information and the heads up about reset. I will be careful when testing, and only edit things if I know what I'm doing

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.