Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Juicing enabled for children

by gummilutt Posted 16th Jul 2015 at 10:33 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM by gummilutt

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Alchemist
#26 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:05 PM
@gummilutt, thanks for looking into it. I tried it again after cleaning out some folders and lowering the capacity (to 10,000 instead of 20,000) and that seemed to work. No idea which did the trick, but it works now! Thanks for the insight!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM
I get a 404 error when trying to download jfade's edited file from Dropbox.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:38 AM
@XiaXiang001 Thanks for letting me know. Dropbox stopped support for shared files, so all files from there are broken. I've reuploaded it on simfileshare instead, get it here.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:23 PM
Thank you, gummilutt!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 6:33 AM
Thanks for this! I admittedly haven't used the juicer much but having it available for children (considering how few food options they have without parents helping out) will make me way more likely to play with it in the future.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 4:57 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 20th Jul 2018 at 2:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@XiaXiang001 Thanks for letting me know. Dropbox stopped support for shared files, so all files from there are broken. I've reuploaded it on simfileshare instead, get it here.

@gummilutt

I downloaded and am using jfade's edited file you made from simfileshare. Using it on Super Collection which includes Seasons, works fine for Teens and Adults, but not Children.

When I had a child attempt to use it, the game Throws This Error: Animation Name is Empty String. If you want to see the Error Log let me know in a PM.

I checked with No CC at all other than the Modded Juicer and it still throws the same error.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 12:25 AM
omg i give it a try
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 7:50 PM
Can you FOR THE LOVE OF ALL MIGHTY GOD, make a FUNCTIONAL juice blender for TS3, as the one it has in TS2?! I already begged to many modders but they say they can't.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 2:26 AM
That's a triple no. I don't take requests, I don't play Sims 3 and I'm retired. It's also against site rules to bug random creators to make something for you.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@gummilutt

I downloaded and am using jfade's edited file you made from simfileshare. Using it on Super Collection which includes Seasons, works fine for Teens and Adults, but not Children.

When I had a child attempt to use it, the game Throws This Error: Animation Name is Empty String. If you want to see the Error Log let me know in a PM.

I checked with No CC at all other than the Modded Juicer and it still throws the same error.

@lordtyger9 Probably something to do with it not being compatible with super collection. Were you using jfade's edit prior to mine, and if so, did it work? If you didn't use jfades edit prior, try downloading his original and testing if that works. If his original doesn't work, try mine from here on MTS without jfade's edits and see if that works. I'm retired but this could in theory be an easy thing so if you do those troubleshooting tests I'll see what I can do.

Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@lordtyger9 Probably something to do with it not being compatible with super collection. Were you using jfade's edit prior to mine, and if so, did it work? If you didn't use jfades edit prior, try downloading his original and testing if that works. If his original doesn't work, try mine from here on MTS without jfade's edits and see if that works. I'm retired but this could in theory be an easy thing so if you do those troubleshooting tests I'll see what I can do.

I was using jfade's edit prior to yours and it worked fine. Just doesn't work with kids, works fine otherwise.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 8:09 PM
Okay, thanks for confirming. I had a look at the theory I had but sadly it's not the culprit. So my only theories are
1. My SimPE did something to the package when saving that makes it incompatible with super collection
2. Super collection is missing code and that's why it's acting weird
3. You have some other content that's messing with the code that this needs to function

If you have SimPE you could open jfades original, go to the pie menu functions, and on the make juice option tick children box, click commit and save. If you are lucky that'll do the trick, though I sorta doubt it. Which leaves the other 2, which I can't do much about from my end. I'm sorry :/

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 6:16 AM
I tested it without any mods other than the juicer mod and it still threw the error, so possibility #1 or #2, well I have given up on it. I just serve some juice for kids when I have them around.
Page 2 of 2