Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16101 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
That's what I was thinking as well. However, there's really no way to make sure that the roommate wouldn't do those things, as she isn't controllable.

Unless you get an official answer shortly, all i can suggest is make a save, make a copy, and test it for a while to see what happens. If your sim starts learning random skills from nowhere, then you know the roomie is secretly tutoring behind closed doors...
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#16102 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 8:24 PM
We had a conversation about roommates several years ago when UL was released, but I don't remember how it was handled, sorry. I have never played with the feature.
Instructor
#16103 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:46 PM
So I've been MIA for awhile. I must repeat my usual refrain: "I'm the worst, etc." Anyway, I'm setting a goal to write a ~*spooky story*~ for Halloween, and I want to write about the Bees.* So I'm sharing that goal here so I feel more inclined to complete it. XD I can't believe I haven't updated since June! And I haven't played since January--I'm honestly a little worried my game won't work.

I also need to catch up on blogs! I'm looking forward to it, because it's currently perfect reading weather (chilly and grey outside!).

*So part of the reason I've been thinking about the Bees--other than the fact I miss them--is because I got bee tattoos! I now have a daily reminder of my sims, in a sense. XD

Inventor
#16104 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
We had a conversation about roommates several years ago when UL was released, but I don't remember how it was handled, sorry. I have never played with the feature.

All right. I'll play this particular RLC as "roommates don't count as family" and let you know how it goes. It's not like I'm blogging this one or anything.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#16105 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:48 AM
As it so happens, my game has recently made up its mind that my legacy family needs a roommate, and keeps pulling random sims from the void and sending them to my house as a roommate. I didn't ask for a roommate, but it happens every couple of sim days. I just Object>Delete it because I'm lazy, but it's a bit of a pain.

Anyway, one thing I found when this was happening was that the roommates will pay you periodically for rent. I'm not even sure how it happened in my case, since I blast every roommate out of existence, but one day a little popup informed me I was getting paid. I feel like that would go against game rules for what's allowed for income and what's not, but I suppose all you'd have to do is remove those funds from the household to solve that problem.
Lab Assistant
#16106 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:58 AM
Hello everyone! I missed you all. Sorry for the disappearing act but you guys know I always come back, right? Work got a but nutty and I just needed to focus on that for a while.

Also you can't be mad that I disappeared briefly because I come baring the gift of an update: Chapter 3.19: Can We Do It?

Enjoy!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
Original Poster
#16107 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:19 AM
Yay Owls! Always happy to see more Bees.

Thanks Duckie!

Wagaturtle, is there a mod you have installed that might cause them to give you rent, or do you suspect it is just a feature? Also having them show up at your place randomly is pretty freaky. O.O

Hi Keyneky!
Lab Assistant
#16108 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:08 AM
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....11-new-day.html

My 6th post in 3 days... (5 sim days) ..

I'm reading every almost every Legacy story I can find to slow myself down and stop myself from burning out too quick.
I've just finished reading the 52 available chapters of the Bee legacy without taking a break.. Its that good! Thank you Owl_face!!
Scholar
#16109 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:57 AM
Lab Assistant
#16110 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:41 AM
Trying desperately not to spam the thread, but Ooh, look, a squirrel!!!

The next chapter, Work, Work, Work is up.

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-work-work.html
Field Researcher
#16111 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 16th Oct 2018 at 4:49 AM.
Happy to meet all the new members of the challenge! I've been playing the sims, but aside from work it's been more the way I play when I'm in creative burnout mode, so my sim self has written several new novels and is up to 1,800 bottles of nectar in her collection (I have to sell fruit immediately in that game so it doesn't slow down my gameplay xD)

My appointment this morning was cancelled so I can write a little bit again, I hope to have something out today but no promises as my afternoon appointment is still very much on! The Sparrows seriously need some TLC though. The story there is getting into a rough patch and when it comes out there will be a 'I don't advocate this type of behavior' disclaimer. And I miss them!! I'll add some pictures below of upcoming story moments, shall I?

((EDIT)) Here's an update!
1.35 Live a Little

Quote: Originally posted by Wagaturtle
Anyway, one thing I found when this was happening was that the roommates will pay you periodically for rent. I'm not even sure how it happened in my case, since I blast every roommate out of existence, but one day a little popup informed me I was getting paid. I feel like that would go against game rules for what's allowed for income and what's not, but I suppose all you'd have to do is remove those funds from the household to solve that problem.
Hi Waga,
I've played with roommates before and there is a dismiss option somewhere, possibly a phone interaction? They do pay, I think once a week, but if you'd like to keep them around you could treat that as income that has to be spent immediately on the house (on items you cannot resell), or something I'd like to try; buying a second lot to turn into an adjacent park or something with it. (Basically if you treat those funds as you would any random gift and buy items that cannot be resold you wouldn't be interfering with family funds. Also a separate lot where those items go is maybe further protection than needed, but I like the idea that they wouldn't effect the family bills that way.)
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
*So part of the reason I've been thinking about the Bees--other than the fact I miss them--is because I got bee tattoos! I now have a daily reminder of my sims, in a sense. XD
I sincerely hope your new bee tattoo is that whole body stripey cheetah spot that starts at the hairline on the face. I miss the bees too by the way, can't we get more Gazette pics of Nicholas running around causing mischief? Seems appropriate for the season. I will look for your update.
@slashbanghorror I just read that you lost your save file? That's horrible! Did you have the family saved to the Town bin or any of the sims in the CAS bin that might be on another save from around the same time? That's the only way I can think of to get them back. They're impossible to recreate once gone, I'd imagine. So sorry that happened. Hope you feel better too...
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Lab Assistant
#16112 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 3:52 PM
Update spam - Sleeping Dogs Chapter 1.3

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Field Researcher
#16113 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:30 PM
@slashbanghorror
I am so sad your save file got deleted! Did you have any backups? That sucks! Also if your ear infection gone yet? I hope you feel better!

Nice to see some old faces back again ^^
Lab Assistant
#16114 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 11:25 AM
*delurks* About roommates: I'm going to quote ShakespearesSunshyne here, from March 23, 2014

"(after countless Jump To's and endless scrolling all the way back to pages in the 290's)

ETA- It seemed we allowed roommates, but only if you use a family funds cheat to remove the rent the roommates pay each week."

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Scholar
Original Poster
#16115 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
*delurks* About roommates: I'm going to quote ShakespearesSunshyne here, from March 23, 2014

"(after countless Jump To's and endless scrolling all the way back to pages in the 290's)

ETA- It seemed we allowed roommates, but only if you use a family funds cheat to remove the rent the roommates pay each week."

Holy !@#$, you have earned the usefulness award for this quarter. Thank you! I'll add that to the rules in case it comes up again in 2022.
Lab Assistant
#16116 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 8:17 AM Last edited by TwistedSmiley : 19th Oct 2018 at 2:34 PM.
Jettstar RLC started HERE

And is currently at Gen1, chapter 4 HERE

Did I say Chapter 4? I meant 5 - > 1.5 From Pig's Ear To Silk Purse!

Scholar
#16117 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 11:35 AM
I have another update, Chapter 5.14
Lab Assistant
#16118 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:06 PM
Default 25 Words or less.... yeah right!
I am the quiet type, but once you get me talking, you just can't shut me up!

The Jettstar RLC started HERE

And is now up to HERE

Lab Assistant
#16119 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:37 AM
When I compare myself to the other RLC writers and update frequency, it becomes apparent that I have absolutely no life outside the sims ATM...

The Jettstar RLC challenge starts HERE

The latest chapter as of this post is 1.7 ->HERE
In which our First Heir obtains teenageryness.

Scholar
Original Poster
#16120 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:09 PM
In the past, I was able to update several times a week, too. Ahhh... back when I had more free time. xD
Space Pony
#16121 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 5:58 PM
1.7 - Surprise!
*Gasp* A chapter! Whew. Took advantage of my son sleeping on my husband since I already had the dishes done.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
#16122 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:49 AM
Lab Assistant
#16123 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 5:49 PM Last edited by TwistedSmiley : 30th Oct 2018 at 6:57 AM. Reason: chapter updates
My Random Legacy story starts HERE
And has three new chapters, Gen1, Chapter 8 , Gen1, Chapter 9 , and Gen1, Chapter 10
Added Gen1, Chapter 11
With added waffles, because once I start waffling, I cant stop!

And...more waffles!

1-12. The Art Of Aging. Which is almost the close of the founding generation, and the take over of the first Heir.

Lab Assistant
#16124 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedSmiley
My Random Legacy story starts HERE
And has three new chapters, Gen1, Chapter 8 , Gen1, Chapter 9 , and Gen1, Chapter 10
Added Gen1, Chapter 11
With added waffles, because once I start waffling, I cant stop!

And...more waffles!

1-12. The Art Of Aging. Which is almost the close of the founding generation, and the take over of the first Heir.

The Final Chapter Of The Founder --> Fall Of A Titan

Lab Assistant
#16125 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:52 PM
The Jettstar legacy story has now reached the takeover of the first heir.

For new readers, the RLC starts HERE , and also contains a chapter list.

The latest post is The Death And Resurrection Show

Page 645 of 676