Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 2:46 PM Last edited by LittleMsSam : 20th Aug 2017 at 4:37 PM.
Default Mods stolen by Paysites like Pandora Sims and what Creators can do against it!
@ all Creators

Has a Paysite like the "famous" Thief Site Pandora Sims stolen your Mods? Then please do something about it. It is not hard to do and does not take much time.

What you can do:

Send a DMCA to their Host http://www.hairyglove.com/contact-us.htm

Quote: Originally posted by Example DMCA
Takedown Notice Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998

To Whom It May Concern,

This is a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) requesting that you immediately cease to provide access to the copyrighted material. I wish to report an instance of Copyright Infringement, whereby the infringing material appears on a website for which you are the host (according to WHOIS information).

The works being infringed upon are:

*Names of Mods*

The original works, to which I own the copyrights, can be found at:

*your Links*

The unauthorized use and infringement can be found at:

*The Site where your Mod has been uploaded without your Permission*

My name is *YOUR NAME* and I am the author and copyright holder of the works described below. The party involved in the infringement is violating the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License by monetizing the original works without authorization.

This letter is official notification under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”), and I seek the removal of the aforementioned infringing material from your servers. I request that you immediately notify the infringer of this notice and inform them of their duty to remove the infringing material immediately, and notify them to cease any further posting of infringing material to your server in the future.

I am providing this notice in good faith and with the reasonable belief that rights I own are being infringed. Under penalty of perjury I certify that the information contained in the notification is both true and accurate, and that I am the copyright holder of the works involved.

Should you wish to discuss this with me please contact me directly.

Thank you.

Signed:

Signed:
*YOUR NAME*
*ADRESS*
*CITY, STATE, ZIP/POSTAL CODE*
*PHONE*
*EMAIL*

Date:
*DATE*

The *Bold* Parts need to be replaced by your Infos

Send a DMCA to Patreon [email protected]

Quote: Originally posted by Example DMCA
Takedown Notice Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998

To Whom It May Concern,

This is a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) requesting that you immediately cease to provide access to the copyrighted material. I wish to report an instance of Copyright Infringement, whereby the infringing material appears on a website for which you are the host (according to WHOIS information).

The works being infringed upon are:

*Names of Mods*

The original works, to which I own the copyrights, can be found at:

*your Links*

The unauthorized use and infringement can be found at:

*The Site where your Mod has been uploaded without your Permission*

My name is *YOUR NAME* and I am the author and copyright holder of the works described below. The party involved in the infringement is violating the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License by monetizing the original works without authorization.

This letter is official notification under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”), and I seek the removal of the aforementioned infringing material from your servers. I request that you immediately notify the infringer of this notice and inform them of their duty to remove the infringing material immediately, and notify them to cease any further posting of infringing material to your server in the future.

The works listet above are all included without my permission in the „Super mod patch“ which is a Goal Reward "Help us reach our goal to unlock the super mod patch available to download!" on the Patreon page mentioned above.

I am providing this notice in good faith and with the reasonable belief that rights I own are being infringed. Under penalty of perjury I certify that the information contained in the notification is both true and accurate, and that I am the copyright holder of the works involved.

Should you wish to discuss this with me please contact me directly.

Thank you.

Signed:

Signed:
*YOUR NAME*
*ADRESS*
*CITY, STATE, ZIP/POSTAL CODE*
*PHONE*
*EMAIL*

Date:
*DATE*

The *Bold* Parts need to be replaced by your Infos

Send DMCAs for each Link to Google Go Here (For each Link must be used a new Group)

The more People react and do something the higher the Chance that it will have an affect!

Especially Google is important. The more DMCAs they get the higher the Chance that the Site gets of the Google Index completely!
And if no one finds there site...

Patreon & Google do react even if it takes some time. Unfortunately their Host does not feel responsible so far but maybe if enough people send DMCAs?

Thx in advance

@Admins/Mods i know this is probably the wrong Place to post this, but it is the best place to reach people.

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:52 PM
Such a lovely Message from the Owner of Pandora Sims^^

"From: blade <[email protected]>
Subject: you can't hide

Message Body:
your pathetic attempt to dmca will always fail no one cares and neither does my host. did you really think moving to another site would stop me? i know where everything is in MY community."

dodgy builder
#3 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Such a lovely Message from the Owner of Pandora Sims^^

"From: blade <[email protected]>
Subject: you can't hide

Message Body:
your pathetic attempt to dmca will always fail no one cares and neither does my host. did you really think moving to another site would stop me? i know where everything is in MY community."

Have you tried asking people who need support with your mods, where they got it? If they downloaded it from someone you don't support, you can ask them to stop using that site, and even refuse to help them out. If people post about pirate content here, the thread will just be deleted.

When it comes to mods as well they often need help, and has to download the last version.

If you can make your followers pester the site with complains as well, that might make him/her comply.

There has been threads about this on mts before, but it is a lot of work. Try to get som help from your downloaders, so you don't have to do it all on your own.
Smeg Head
#4 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:12 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st Aug 2017 at 12:24 AM.
Pandora scum has being doing this for years. This issue with stolen Sims mods is as old as the franchise itself. He uses yours without permission, mine, anyone's he wants. And he can get away with it no matter what you do. Any attempt to stop him is unenforceable, and the scumbag knows it.

It's all the intellectual property of EA. They say we can do what we want with it, End of.

If you want to see just how far an issue like this can go legally, do some homework on MATY, "Have You Destroyed A Paysite Today," and, in particular, how TSR tried (and hopelessly failed) with their fight with MATY. I think at one stage, TSR even invoked some connection with EA to legally intervene on the "piracy." HA! Not long after TSR went totally free in the aftermath, after EA laying down the law. How far do you want to take it? How far do you think it can be taken? Scumbags like Pandora know the score.

When it comes to scumbags like Pandora, the real shitbags are the fucking twats who pay and download from the site. They've more money than sense or morals. If you are going to let it get to you, then you will cave in because thanks to EA, there is nothing that's enforceable unless you purchase the rights to the XMLs you work on.

Just know that Pandora is actually shit at updating the stolen stuff. So if it's any consolation, the fucking twats that use his mega mod shite probably experience a lot of game issue. Then again, they are morons, so probably would not even realise it. And, finally, I cannot imagine the percentage of people using the stolen stuff is anywhere near those who legitimately get it from the original modders. So fuck that small percentage of shit-dregs to the broken game experience they deserve and just concentrate on the real joy you bring to your loyal fans. That's all that matters in the end, right?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
Yeah i know i should not let it get me and that only a small number of people are downloading from there. Mostly the Super Nude Patch anyway. But we can still do something. Not with the Host because they don't care but Google does something. All of my Mods that where found via Search on Pandora did get deleted even the Super Mod Patch4. And if more people get their (on Pandora Uploaded) Mods out of the Search it will have an affect even if it is small. Looking away can also not be a solution?!

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you tried asking people who need support with your mods, where they got it?

Will keep that in mind

Smeg Head
#6 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:44 PM
Not so much looking away. To me, the whole point of going to war is to obliterate your enemy. That's not going to happen here. Pandora's solid base of users will only ever bring you to a stalemate. Cutting off a few supply routes does not bring your enemy to their knees. It will only force your enemy to pick up the slack in areas they can improve. Like making triple sure they work overtime to make their (stolen) mod better, more up to date with patches. And then even going to town stealing everything in your catalogue, even if they did not want some of the mods originally. Knowing that this only serves to infuriate you and bring you closer to that cave in I mentioned earlier. Still, nobody wins the war. Just tit-for-tat, and Pandora will not be quitting any time soon. He needs your mods for his Friday night beer money, so he may not go too hard on making you cave in. Defeating you is never his aim. So the real question is, what is your aim? Cutting off a few supply lines? Then what?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:56 PM Last edited by LittleMsSam : 20th Aug 2017 at 8:06 PM.
You know it wouldn't even care so much when he just adds them to his stupid Super Mod. But what gets me is that he renames them, uploads them on his Site as Single DLs without given any credit at all. That's just disrespectful.

Well, i'm going to continue getting my Links deleted in Google so ppl will find my Site instead of theirs. I just wanted to let others know that they can do something.. if they want

Smeg Head
#8 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:20 PM
Yeah, I found that annoying, too, but for the opposite reason. That he actually copies the original description written by the true modder and pastes it into his mod as if he wrote it. Even if that info is long out of date and not a true description of the mod any more. How he over-sells his justification that downloading from other sites is painstaking and riddled with bad servers and slowdowns, so it's better to get it from one place in a super mod. Looking at his list of mods, I already know at least three of them conflict with their XMLs, so kudos to him for fucking that up, (and the games of those idiots that use his lumpy mega mod.)

None of this claptrap he spews meets the discerning mod user's need to know more about the mod they are going to put into their game, install onto their computer, and with no availability to contact the modder for more advise or issues. Only a moron would go through Pandora's path to using mods. Only a dyed-in-the-wool, sheep-brains, authentic moron. Whatever time these morons save not having to deal with the archaic servers that all other websites have other than Pandora's, they more than make up for losing time on game issues because of a poorly put together super mod that conflicts with itself. That's Friday night beer money for you.

Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:35 PM
hehe yeah^^ As i said i will continue doing a little bit to satisfy my need for justice and concentrate on Modding

And yes that's what i mean. He uploads everything, copies whole texts, copies pictures. That shows how lazy he is^^

Smeg Head
#10 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:53 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st Aug 2017 at 10:09 AM.
And as such, the state of his mod can only be a reflection of this work ethic he has developed over the years: hackneyed shite from a lowlife chancer. The modding equivalent to a back alley plastic surgeon. So when you pay him money and your lips come out bigger than the rest of your face, don't ask why. Just know that you are a moron who should have known better. (If it is at all possible for a moron to know better.)

However far you take this fight, for how many small wins you may find here or there against the bigger stalemate, take some satisfaction in knowing those morons who use his mod simply cannot be having the best game experience. Sure, if they want nude, sex experience, then they only play the game in their bedroom while their parents aren't watching for no more than three minutes at a time anyway. (If you take my meaning.) Then the game's switched off while they look for the tissue for clean up. (Forgive me for being so bold to assume they clean up.) Long term play and meaningful game sessions just cannot be their thing, because they simply would never get that with such a hackneyed mod without running into issue after issue at every level.

They have their Wicked Whims, their Pandora, and three minutes spare, and you just cannot defeat that. One immutable fact the world over, you just cannot defeat morons. (Because they wouldn't know even if you did.)

Scholar
#11 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:14 PM
Would it not be more effective to tell visitors of Pandora that those mods are available for free elsewhere? You could add that Pandora sims stole them just to be able to sell them if you wish, but that would not even be necessary maybe. I mean who likes to pay money for something that turns out to be stolen and is available for free somewhere else?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:44 PM
There are some battles in life you/we will never win. Karma, karma, karma. All catches up with all of us. He will get his due eventually.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Buddy92 : 21st Aug 2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: link removed I don't want publicity for that bottom-feeder
pandora sims is a spineless bottom-feeder that at the moment gets about 180$ a month now for doing nothing well except stealing other mods and release them on patreon for people that are dumb enough to pay for free mods.
Smeg Head
#14 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:44 AM
180$? Probably all undeclared earnings. Probably some unemployed dude that never leaves his computer to go get a real job. Probably have more luck finding out who he is, then inform the taxman about the scumbag and his undeclared cash. He may fuck with modders all he likes and gets away with it, but let's see how he fares after fucking the taxman.

dodgy builder
#15 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
hehe yeah^^ As i said i will continue doing a little bit to satisfy my need for justice and concentrate on Modding

And yes that's what i mean. He uploads everything, copies whole texts, copies pictures. That shows how lazy he is^^

Heard about watermarks on pictures? Not quite so easy uploading pictures when the original site has it's name all over it.

Mts could also think about closing down the ability to download pictures from here. I know it's possible on wordpress.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:07 PM
Try sharing jmpescado's paysitesmustbedestroyed as much as you can.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM
Unfortunately, he will not be able to be beaten in court for rehosting free mods due to the fact that financial loss on the part of the original creator cannot be proven. Legally the only way of dealing with this situation would be to force him into a long drawn out court case that will likely bankrupt the guy no matter if he wins or loses, but the only group able to carry this out would be a million-dollar company.

That being said, I am pretty sure EA has rules against selling mods to its games but that's not to say that they can actually be arsed to do anything about it.
Smeg Head
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:36 AM.
^^^Very true. There's no case at all going that route, given that the mods form original creators are free to download, so there are no financial losses to prove, they're non-existent to begin with. If only the old adage, "Time is money," would hold up in court, then the time spent on creating mods would see him suffer a litigious penalty.

That's why I would go the tax route. Every transaction he's made selling mods directly for well over a decade and a half now, and if no VAT has being sent to the taxman, if nothing has been declared, not only would that carry a hefy fine he'd be paying till his dying days, but 15 years of it? There's bound to be some prison time in all that. Can't quite see him running Pandora from a prison cell. After all, he's a cocky gobshite, but he's no Al Capone.

Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SophieModan
Try sharing jmpescado's paysitesmustbedestroyed as much as you can.

Too bad they did not continue their work ;(

Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:50 PM
My guess is EA does not care and would not bother. They are mods and not created by EA. EA could not shut down The Booty or MATY which actively hosts EA items. These are not items done by EA but the community. EA is too busy doing other things to be involved in this. Small fish to them. Big fish from an ethics standpoint, but tiny fish or nonexistent to them as this is not taking $ from EA's pockets.