1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#151 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:10 AM
You can't extract or clone Mrs C because she isn't a sim,but an object in your instillation files. Whatever you do, do not mess with her in any way. Unless you enjoy reinstalling your game. There used to be a user made sim made to look like Mrs C for download someplace, I have her and while she doesn't look identical, she looks pretty good. I gave her no nice points and she goes around kicking rubbish bins and stealing newspapers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:10 PM
Default RE: Would it be unsafe to try and clone Mrs. Crumplebottom by using this tutorial?
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Would it be unsafe to try and clone Mrs. Crumplebottom by using this tutorial?

I don't think it's possible to extract the facial features of universal NPCs, a pity. And unlike most NPCs, Mrs. Crumplebottom's facial structure is not genetic, so if you use her to impregnate one of your Sims, the baby will get all of it's genetics and facial features from your Sim, and will look nothing like Mrs. Crumplebottom.

And if you use her to impregnate herself with the tombstone of life and death, the baby's genetics and facial features will be randomly chosen at birth, instead of inheriting the genetics and facial features from Mrs. Crumplebottom.

I have no idea how to extract the appearances of universal NPCs, nor do I know if it's even possible. I've also attempted to use methods to extract the appearances of Sims with no character data, but those attempts failed, because I couldn't get those Sims to show up in-game, not even by adding them to the household with SimPE. Thus, I couldn't impregnate my Sims with whatever genetic data the Sims with no character data had left.
Forum Resident
#153 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:16 PM
Default RE: You can't extract or clone Mrs. Crumplebottom.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't extract or clone Mrs C because she isn't a sim,but an object in your instillation files. Whatever you do, do not mess with her in any way. Unless you enjoy reinstalling your game. There used to be a user made sim made to look like Mrs C for download someplace, I have her and while she doesn't look identical, she looks pretty good. I gave her no nice points and she goes around kicking rubbish bins and stealing newspapers.

A real pity. She's the only universal NPC I know of that can't have here facial features passed on, genetic wise. I've been able to impregnate Sims with the genetics of several universal NPCs - Rod Humble, Therapist and Pollination Technician. It's also possible with the Grim Reaper and IdealPlantSim, but it's pointless in the case of the Grim Reaper because any descendants he might produce tend to inherit facial features of the 1st template - Archheart - in Create a Sim.
Forum Resident
#154 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 8:51 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 28th Mar 2015 at 8:48 PM. Reason: It's very unlikely that she isn't an exact replica. Some genius must have found a way to extract her appearance.
Default Download replicas of Therapist and Mrs. Crumplebottom!
I've found out that a clone of Mrs. Crumplebottom can be downloaded — http://www.mediafire.com/download/s...4/SavedSims.rar SavedSims.rar — here.

Package files of most the dead ancestors in The Sims 2 can be downloaded. Please note that most of these replicas are not exact.

Includes an exact replica of the Therapist and an exact replica of Mrs. Crumplebottom. At last, I've got replicas of the Therapist — who's glasses, eyebrows and moustache can't be accessed in normal Create a Sim, even with debugging cheats enabled, and Mrs. Crumplebottom — who's genetics can't be passed on, because for some reason, her genetic information is missing.
Test Subject
#155 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:03 PM
Does anyone know if it would be okay to extract a Sim that's only in the baby stage? I have a neighborhood from about 5 years ago that's broken, however I'm trying to get all the old Sims out into a new neighborhood. Two of the Sims are still infants.
Test Subject
#156 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:50 PM
I can only find 'Unknown' sims. Is there a solution for this?
Test Subject
#157 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rylai
Does anyone know if it would be okay to extract a Sim that's only in the baby stage? I have a neighborhood from about 5 years ago that's broken, however I'm trying to get all the old Sims out into a new neighborhood. Two of the Sims are still infants.

Sims need to be at least toddlers to be extracted because there are no infants in Create a Sim, there is no way to recreate a baby.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:58 PM
10 years later... this tutorial saved my project... THANK YOU ! Even if it's late ! :-)
Forum Resident
#159 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mamaofthree36
Sims need to be at least toddlers to be extracted because there are no infants in Create a Sim, there is no way to recreate a baby.

Baby Sims can still be extracted using SimPE. But they have to be turned into toddlers using BodyShop, before they can be used in Create a Sim. It's a glitchy business because babies have no accessible accessories, so thus they won't show up in BodyShop, and you can't show them, because BodyShop can't work out what hair colours etc. they should have, so all the hair colours including custom ones are disabled, and can only be switched by turning the babies into toddlers, saving them as toddlers in BodyShop, and then accessing them as toddlers in Create a Sim.
Test Subject
#160 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 4:58 AM
This tutorial was a godsend <3 Thank you for it <3
Page 7 of 7