Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:00 AM
Default Help with animation cloning
I'm trying to figure out how to swap the animation for different objects?

For example, my sim sits at the computer and type but instead of typing on the computer, the animation is as if they're reading a book or the reverse, my sim reading a book as the animation for searching the web. I hope that makes sense..I've been fiddling with code all day and some tutorials but I haven't quite figured it out.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th May 2019 at 10:22 PM
I can't find another person who knows enough about custom objects animations then @Bakie
He had made a lot of animated objects and writing tutorials. Probably he knows or already posted something about sims-to-objects interactions.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2019 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RayeNation
I'm trying to figure out how to swap the animation for different objects?
For example, my sim sits at the computer and type but instead of typing on the computer, the animation is as if they're reading a book or the reverse, my sim reading a book as the animation for searching the web. I hope that makes sense..I've been fiddling with code all day and some tutorials but I haven't quite figured it out.

I haven't done many custom interactions, only simple ones as swapping entire tuning files, deleting small bits in the Super Affordances section of the tuning and making tiny changes to the interaction text for example, but I suppose opening The Sims 4 Studio twice and placing those windows next to each other to compare the Super Affordances interaction you want to swap might help.
Or add the reading interaction and change the interaction text. I have a tutorial about changing interaction text which works in almost all cases.
You can find it here: How to change interaction text

For some basic tuning tutorials, you can take a look at one of these:
How to make a Tuning mod - Easy way (Turn a Bin into a toilet)
How to make a Tuning mod - Moderated way (Turn a Toliet into a bin with deleted interactions)

Hope this might help you

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page