Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Is there anyone taking object mod requests? (Evil Witch Cauldron Mod)
So, I've been thinking lately about how to get in contact with someone who can do modded objects, because to be honest, I'm not that great with code.

So, at one point in my game, I used to have a magic shop with a family of witches who sold potions as well as magic supplies. Due to certain circumstances involving my old laptop, that family has long since gone, but anyway... I used to justify the fact that my witches couldn't craft the Panacea potions that I saw on Parsimonious because it takes a specialized group of witches to make them. But now that I'm seeing a lot of awesome witch-related mods out there, I knew I couldn't let this opportunity pass.

I'd like to talk to someone who'd be open to the idea of modding the evil aligned witches' cauldrons to make the Panacea potions that can transform other Sims into different life states. (Or just having a cauldron that could make these potions would be awesome too.) The animations would be the same, still, but the product would be different. That way, good witches can focus on making cures, and evil witches can make a business out of changing people's lives. (Literally.)

I know I've seen spells that could transform Sims into different life states, but I figure it's only fair if it takes a potion to cure life states, it should take a potion to make them. So, if there's anyone who's open to the idea of expanding witches' repertoire of potions, I would be glad to talk to them.

Regards,

BillieJean1992

I'm the artistic weirdo next door!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:28 PM
Requests are not allowed here on MTS but there is a thread stickied at the top of the forum with a list of people who do take requests. Please don't post in there either but you can look through and see if there is anyone who does the type of thing you're interested in and PM them privately. You might also try a WCIF.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:16 PM
I have actually tried a WCIF first to see if there were any AL cauldron mods like the one I described, but so far, I haven't seen any replies to it. I've also seen about two people in the Stickied thread who'd be okay with doing mods, but only one of them seems to be currently taking requests. I'll contact them for now, but I might consider making a GOS for this idea.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
Yeah - as MTS has never allowed requests, we tend not to get too much traffic. GoS would be a good bet I should think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM
Parsimonious has the potions available as custom objects you can buy, so you might look at the code there, IF you have any coding experience at all, and adapt the cauldron yourself. I understand it is quite an undertaking BUT.... I am still working on what got me modding in the first place, and February makes 2 years since I have been modding! All of us start somewhere I used to think it was daunting, but Echo's tutorials are still an awesome place to start. http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/ (ok technically it can still be daunting) and be aware it is a heavy time sink. Most of my objects take anywhere around a month, a few a little shorter, and some longer, to make. But let me tell you, the first time you make something that is that time and work intensive, and put it in the game, there is a proud feeling of " I made that! I made something cool!" that is a thrill that never quite goes away.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 9:16 PM
Thanks for the help on that! I'll probably do this as a bit of a last resort, because the only coding experience I kinda/sorta have is coding on Tumblr themes.