Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:37 AM
Default Mac: Storing CC on external hard drive
Hey all,

since I've become a CC addict and all the files are now taking up a huge chunk of space I was wondering if there is any way to store the CC on an external hard drive instead of the mods folder? I wanna avoid running Sims 4 from the external hard drive completely but instead maybe create a link back to the CC folder on my hard drive. I'm really not all that tech savvy so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Cheers!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:34 PM
I think storing cc on an external drive as a backup is always an excellent idea, but I am not sure how you would do it for your game, especially if you use script mods. I don't know how your computer is configured, but my gaming computers always have a small c: drive so I usually install programs to the d: drive and just use the c: drive for my sims games, keeping an eye on the GB left.

Just try it and see. backup your game as well to an external drive (tray, saves, screenshots, custom music, mods) and then see. Can't hurt.