Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 1:19 PM
Default More than 4 sim in a band
Hi,

I haven't found any mod that would allow more than 4 sims in a band (I'd like 6) my question is to those who understand modding more than I do (the most I ever did was create a carrieer) is it possible for such a mod to exist? Or of course if someone knows a mod like that just point me to the right direction.

Thank you
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 3:44 PM
Hi there,
the maximum number of sims being 4, seems to be set in the Ask To Join Band interaction, so if it is possible for such a mod to exist, I think it would have to override this, so someone more knowledgeable than me would need to answer the question of it being possible or not- I'm afraid I can't be much help there.

Although, another problem might be the band actually functioning with more than 4 sims. For example, when performing, if everything is made to cater to 4 or fewer sims, having more than that might cause trouble with positioning/routing/animations?
You're right in that there doesn't seem to be any mods to alter this, or even any discussion about it which is a shame, but perhaps that is because it's just not possible.

I'm sorry I can't really help you with this, but perhaps there is someone else who can give you some clarification
Space Pony
#3 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anaria
Hi,

I haven't found any mod that would allow more than 4 sims in a band (I'd like 6) my question is to those who understand modding more than I do (the most I ever did was create a carrieer) is it possible for such a mod to exist? Or of course if someone knows a mod like that just point me to the right direction.

Thank you

I would definitely say such a mod is possible, but it would require more work than a simple XML tweak. "Ask to Join Band" is a social interaction that points to a part of the game's C# code that tests, among other things, whether or not there are already four sims in a band before the interaction can appear in the pie menu. To change this, you would first have to write a custom C# method based off the game's test, modifying it such that it tests for six sims instead of four. Then, in the SocialData XML resource, you would point to your test method, rather than the game's test method.

From my cursory look into the game's code, it looks like it such a change wouldn't cause too many problems, but there may be additional code changes deeper in the band system that need to be made to prevent undefined behavior. I definitely think it could be possible, though

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130