Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 8:49 PM
Default WCIF hack to stop my pets from being taken away?
My pets get taken away a lot/too easily. I like to have a lot of pets and it's impossible to always know if one's social is low (usually the reason they get taken...) I have NRAAS but I'm not sure how to prevent my pets from being taken, if you even can with that hack. Anyone know?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:50 AM
That would be no. The child and pet care social worker scenarios are part of the game core, intended to prevent players from making or allowing their children or pets to suffer.

If you are using or plan to use NRaas StoryProgression (SP Extra add-on module required), you could Static the social needs of your town's pets so that they are always maxed out. But if you have multiple pets per household, this is usually one of the easier ones to handle because the pets should be socializing with each other.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 12:53 PM
There's a No/Slower Social Needs Decay mod here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1183/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That would be no. The child and pet care social worker scenarios are part of the game core, intended to prevent players from making or allowing their children or pets to suffer.

If you are using or plan to use NRaas StoryProgression (SP Extra add-on module required), you could Static the social needs of your town's pets so that they are always maxed out. But if you have multiple pets per household, this is usually one of the easier ones to handle because the pets should be socializing with each other.

That's true. I think whats actually happening is they are asleep and their hunger goes down. So, before i know it the pet care social worker rolls up and takes my pets, because they were asleep and neglecting their own hunger!!! Is there a way to alter this? I'm trying to do challenges and scenarios where I have a family with loads of pets.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:32 PM
I have never had an issue with pets or any other sims becoming hungry while they sleep. They should wake up and eat if it becomes critical, or do so as soon as they wake up at whatever time they ordinarily would have. I guess you could tune slower Hunger decay or use NRaas Relativity to accomplish that though doing so will affect all sims in town. I think most players would wake their actively played pets up and direct them to eat rather than wait for them to decide to do so on their own or have them fill that need all the way by having a meal before going to bed/sleep.

I've never had a pet care social worker show up myself, but am surprised to hear there isn't plenty of warning given to the player before things get that bad. Well, it is an EA programmed scenario, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.