Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 24th May 2012 at 5:45 AM
Why would you need a hack for having an affair? The game is built to accomodate affairs with or without jealousy. Standard game has jealousy. Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true . spawn Sim Modder. Relationship mutual with wife set to neutral. They'll rebuild it in time.For now, they are not in love. Have the affair. you can woohoo right in front of the spouse and there's no jealousy.
no ACR, no jealousy mods.. over and done. And you can make them fall in love again when you're finished having fun.

of course, if you want to get caught.. no need to use this method.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 24th May 2012 at 7:00 AM Last edited by Alijah : 24th May 2012 at 7:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I believe (I don't use it) that you can set faithfulness differently with different sims with ACR. This is actually one reason I don't sue it. It's so wonderful when a sim decides on his or her own to be faithful even when I'm trying to set him up with someone else, and I feel like ACR would give me too much control. I like my sims to develop their personalities independent of me, so I don't mess with the base character codes.

However, I love it when other people come on here and tell their ACR stories, especially when they forgot to adjust their settings. And there are certain gameplay scenarios - asylums and BACC, for instance - that ACR appears to be perfect for.

You can set faithfulness for each sim with ACR, up to completely and totally faithful to very, uh, liberated. Though I usually let my sims do what they want, there are a few times where I lock them into faithfulness, like an elderly couple of family sims, or a few specific sims like Cassandra Goth (as a family sim who has been left at the altar, I refuse to believe she'd be willing to hurt someone else). I often lock faithfulness for them when it just doesn't seem feasible that they'd stray. I'm not worried about them initiating the cheating on their spouse, because they are often dedicated, but accepting a flirt from another sim and then receiving the "had affair" memory because a passing romance sim wolf whistled at them and they accepted it.

Aside from that though, I personally find myself with less control with ACR. There have been a number of times where I've set a sim up with another, but they are both infatuated with someone else (ACR gives you the option to view your sims settings and find out who their "one sim" is at any given time). I've also seen sims infatuated with another, but they remain steadfastly dedicated to their spouse.

ACR does has the option to nitpick every last detail, but you can also just let the token stay to default setting.

In reply to dizzy-noodles, pescado's romance mod is a mod that affects the way relationships are handled. Jealousy is affected by personality and aspiration, and some sims will reject a romantic interaction if they are already involved with someone else. There are a few other things addressed, too, but I can't seem to find a rtfm in my folders.
Alchemist
#28 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:02 PM
No bad deeds go unpunished. If I want to make them "have affair" without being caught, I'll just peck them. It's a romantic interaction but romance partner won't be mad about it.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 24th May 2012 at 9:54 PM
Romancemod rtfm:

1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly
fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have
resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All
other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This
value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently
supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!

2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will
decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.

3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on
personality(Nc+Pl+Ou >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships
(Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become
jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to
everyone but them and pleasure si), and sims will no longer spaz at random
people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz.
It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed
relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears
satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed
relationship (steady/engaged/married).

4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at datereward,
since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship
or one that no longer exists.

5. FT: Utterly Borked Beauty Wish Code Fix. I have no idea WTF EAxis was trying
to do because the code is utterly warped beyond all logic and reason, as if the
person who wrote it was thoroughly stoned at the time of writing. Which, being
that EAxis is in California, is unsurprising.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:02 AM
The thing about that Romance mod, and for all I can tell ACR, is that it doesn't address the really relationship-busting aspect of the game - family loyalty. Lovers can always repair their relationship because it had to be so high to begin with (in an unmodded game), especially post-FreeTime and the introduction of BFF status. But the relationship hit when you see some random stranger who dated your sister out with somebody else can take you to enemies in one fell swoop, and when you see your oldest and dearest friend running around on your sister or mom, it's a bear to bounce back from, even when you know perfectly well it's your mom or sister's fault. Ernest Munny studied anger management and was BFF with Clovis Point and it still took forever to rebuild that friendship after Clovis's ill-advised fling with Ernest's mom. This was no doubt exacerbated by the fact that for awhile there every single time Clovis was out with anybody, Ernest would magically appear on the lot to be Very, Very Disappointed at him. Ernest barely knows his Aunt Madge, and he still got into a fistfight with her husband after catching him coming out of a changing booth with the Diva. And as for Minnie Skirt's relationship with Jimmy Phoenix and Lora Wolosenko after her sister Georgette seduced Jimmy into cheating on Lora with her - hoo boy! She can't be in the same room with either of them without poking them, half a lifetime later. Which is a pain because they have a lot of friends in common, and it's not as if Minnie doesn't know what Georgette's like.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
Peni, romancemod actually does address the family-loyalty thing, to the point that I've been thinking of taking it back out because it kills more of it than makes sense.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th May 2012 at 1:54 AM
Hiya everyone!

Hmmm.....I don't think ACR's for me after all.

Oh sorry I just assumed Spencer was a boy's name! lol! I've never seen Pretty Little Liars, I'm not sure if we have it in England. Thankyou for the potions link! I might try one of them!

The boolprop thing sounds interesting.

Thanks for explaining the romance mod. It sounds quite good, it would make more sense than sims getting jealous over little things (says me who does exactly that IRL! I can't help it though, I'm a Scorpio!)

I never thought about aspirations affecting things, but the husband who got angry was a family sim so that would make sense!

The family loyalty thing is interesting, I haven't got that far yet in my affairs.

Anyway, I have managed to have a nearly successful affair, until Flossy autonomously brought Blake home after an outing. I was watching them like a hawk, to see if they'd get away with it, then Max (Flossy's husband) got into bed with Flossy, and cuddled her, and Blake flipped his lid! They've made up now though But every man in the neighbourhood seems to want Flossy! She has 3 bolts with everyone! lol!

Thanks for all the help and for explaining everything so well! xxx
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 29th May 2012 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Fivey : 29th May 2012 at 2:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I believe (I don't use it) that you can set faithfulness differently with different sims with ACR. This is actually one reason I don't sue it. It's so wonderful when a sim decides on his or her own to be faithful even when I'm trying to set him up with someone else, and I feel like ACR would give me too much control. I like my sims to develop their personalities independent of me, so I don't mess with the base character codes.

However, I love it when other people come on here and tell their ACR stories, especially when they forgot to adjust their settings. And there are certain gameplay scenarios - asylums and BACC, for instance - that ACR appears to be perfect for.

I feel like I have less control with ACR. I don't usually adjust the ACR settings unless I feel like I have to (like if two knowledge sims are barely touching each other even with triple boltage due to low autonomy), so sometimes I get unpredictable results. I like having less control in some aspects.

For instance, I almost lost a very loving relationship in my hood. Brenda Larson decided to cheat on her fiance Beau Broke with a dormie. I don't know how, because she neither kissed or boinked the dormie. Probably just a simple flirt. I did not direct the action, and I know it was ACR because the most interaction the dormie and her have is her influencing him to do her homework. Either way, Beau got jealous. They both lost their love tokens, but I didn't break their engagement because they were a three-bolt couple, and an adorable one at that.

Brenda graduated, and I moved her back in with her parents. Her dad Corey gave her a blunt pep talk when he came home from work, since Jason was still at work. He's the more emotional parent, anyway.

"Cut the crap, Brenda. Seriously, it was your fault. You were the slut. You broke his heart. That was your mistake. You obviously still like him. You are guilty, I can see it in your eyes. You may be telling yourself you don't need him to be happy, but you do. Not for any fiscal or physical reasons, but the fact that you look like you lost a piece of yourself that you never noticed was there until now, and may never possibly get back unless you do something about it. Yes, he is pissed the hell off. I would be too if my high school sweetheart started straying due to complete boredom. You know what, though? I know he still likes you. Go call him right now."
"But dad-"
"Call him right now, or you're grounded. Forever."

So she did, and greeted him with a smooch. They still liked each other, and the time apart certainly did help. They eventually married, and now she's pregnant. Beau still talks crap about her in private, though. To note, I only have up until Open for Business on that computer, so it's harder to regain lost relationships.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 10:22 PM
Well..
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Hiya

I was wondering if there's a way to cheat without getting caught? My sims partners ALWAYS find out! It kind of takes the fun out of it I think.

Personally I think it's a fun part because it's realistic and causes drama. But maybe try to make sure the other lover isn't around to have an affair. Or lock a door the other lover and your sim are in.

((FunFacts: I have two married sims cheating on each other with the same person and one sim romantically involved with a married couple AND their

son))
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:09 PM
@SimmerSeason2 please don't resurrect 5 year old threads. Closing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Old thread
Page 2 of 2