Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:30 PM
Default Custom Careers--Can They Have Tracks?
I'm in the planning stages of making a few medieval/fantasy careers. Most of these happen to be Guild careers; however, for variety and the sake of realism (we can't have 5,000 Heads of the Seamstresses' Guild, for example), I want there to be two tracks, like in the Fortune Telling or Musician Career.

My current pet project is a Weaver career. This is how I'd like to do it:

Levels 1-6 are the Apprentice and Journeyer stage, and are the same for both tracks. However, at level 7, the player chooses between the "Head of the Guild" or the "Chief Journeyer" track.

Can I do this with a custom career? I am using the Complete Guide to Career Modding for Beginners (link at the bottom of the post), and haven't seen an option for making a career that functions in this way. Please let me know if there's a better career tutorial to use!

Link to tutorial I am following:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DTutorial:_Complete_Guide_to_Career_Modding_for_Beginners!
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by windermeresimblr
I'm in the planning stages of making a few medieval/fantasy careers. Most of these happen to be Guild careers; however, for variety and the sake of realism (we can't have 5,000 Heads of the Seamstresses' Guild, for example), I want there to be two tracks, like in the Fortune Telling or Musician Career.

My current pet project is a Weaver career. This is how I'd like to do it:

Levels 1-6 are the Apprentice and Journeyer stage, and are the same for both tracks. However, at level 7, the player chooses between the "Head of the Guild" or the "Chief Journeyer" track.

Can I do this with a custom career? I am using the Complete Guide to Career Modding for Beginners (link at the bottom of the post), and haven't seen an option for making a career that functions in this way. Please let me know if there's a better career tutorial to use!

Link to tutorial I am following:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DTutorial:_Complete_Guide_to_Career_Modding_for_Beginners!

There is a way to do branching custom careers, though I'm not quite sure how to do it. You can take a look at MissyHissy's custom Airline career as an example.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:17 PM
I've written a tutorial for splitting a career. You can find it here.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
I've written a tutorial for splitting a career. You can find it here.

Thank you!