Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:44 AM
Default Lemon Trees?
I'm not sure if i have to ask this here, but i was trying to learn how to create new plants for the game and i found something weird:

So my question is, where can i find these lemon seeds to plants or whatever, and why this lemon data is in another 'file' in the package.

Thanks.

PD: Again, i didn't know where post this, so apologies in advance.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:26 AM
Well, going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna say that since it's in a list called "Plants_store", it's a store item... or was planned for the store at one point.

It's also possible that the Lime Tree was once a Lemon Tree and is called that internally in the game files... wouldn't be the first.

Just because it's in the game files doesn't mean it exists at all in the game, though.

Regardless, moving to Modding Discussion, where I think you'll get more help with this project
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:31 AM
I just checked in Reflector and there is no SoilAutoPlantLemon script for the Lemon Tree, nor is there is a SoilAutoPlantLemon object in S3OC. So it must've been a concept fruit but then scrapped for whatever reason.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:34 AM
Around the patch with the pets leak, I believe there were some strings for a lemon meringue pie recipe from the store. It obviously never happened, but the lemon tree thing is probably some leftover code.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Around the patch with the pets leak, I believe there were some strings for a lemon meringue pie recipe from the store. It obviously never happened, but the lemon tree thing is probably some leftover code.

Actually, i found the lemon merengue pie, is there within 'RecipeMasterListStore'. Weird that EA didn't add these things into the game, if they already had it done.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 8:46 AM
Wait EA was going to release a recipe and/or plant through the store? Sounds like a lot of files to update
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:16 PM
I don't think the recipe was actually done.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:56 PM
it's a download from the sims store that adds lemons