Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:33 PM Last edited by marka93 : 8th Aug 2019 at 1:57 AM.
Default What did you do with Arbor Falls
Okay folks the last of the Pets Stories hood is now ready for you to enjoy.
This was the Free Play hood in Pets Stories.

Lets us know what you do with the Arbor Falls sims and we always enjoy pics to go along with what you do with them.
http://modthesims.info/d/631106/arb...tion-no-cc.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 12:45 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 21st Feb 2020 at 11:05 PM.
Much thanks to the Hood Building Group, I really like the coziness of the 'hood and the backstories for the sims in it...and how this 'hood sparked some interest for me to get back into playing.

Finally had some time to get this awesome hood installed and setup to suit my gameplay style ('hood layout/decor, sim age lengths, moving sims into my own lots, clothing/makeup/hair changes, determine who gets a uni degree via Christianlov's mod, add secondary aspirations and roll the dice and ROS to see how their lives will start out).

I started with Zoey Rosenfeld ...who I absolutely adore. Unfortunately for Zoey, the roll of the dice and ROS was both a blessing and a curse. While she was awarded a uni degree (thus expanding her available career options), and was found to be best suited for a career having to due with music, she also suffered a significant blow to her finances (after falling prey to some shady investment scheme) just after moving into her new home. Thank goodness her modest home was only a little over §13,300 and she'd paid for it up front and has no mortgage, because her total worth went from over §100,000 to under §40,000. She's now down to her last §3,000 or so in funds after adding some furnishings, but the bills are starting to pile up due to me having Cyjon's Bigger Bills mod, and her not earning very much at the moment.

She managed to find a position as a Street Musician (custom career), but the downside is she is now working everyday, which cuts into the time she'd rather be spending with her cat babies Tootsie and Baldur. Not to mention, the thought of leaving the house and interacting with others is the last thing she wants to do. She's already (unintentionally) met a couple of her neighbors, Venu and Bernard Stanton, and in a matter of minutes she and Bernard became enemies...which made me laugh as it looked as if the conversation was going pretty well...until it wasn't. But, I play with 'headlines' turned off as an added challenge and cannot see if conversations are going well or any of the other sidebar notifications that pop-up. Venu and she fared a bit better, but not by much.

I rather like that she is pretty much living up to her pre-determined bio of preferring to be a recluse. So, I'm playing her that way (to the point where for the most part she orders everything she needs online via Monique's Hacked Computer and only leaves her lot to visit the community garden, pet park and local museum on occasion). Full autonomy, rolling the dice and ROS will do the rest.

The household I started playing next was the Stanton's, and will continue their rotation when I have time to fire the game up again.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:13 PM
I just installed it as a subhood. I've had it as a hood for a long time, but I can only play so many. I like subhoods, especially my uberhood. I can play them all at the same time. And now I added Arbor Falls.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I just installed it as a subhood. I've had it as a hood for a long time, but I can only play so many. I like subhoods, especially my uberhood. I can play them all at the same time. And now I added Arbor Falls.

Yeah, I'm playing this as a main neighborhood, and am thinking about adding one of their other 'hoods as a sub-hood to beef-up the population a little bit. I love that this 'hood has no townies or other misc sims, as I never have any of those types of sims in my own custom 'hoods either...so this definitely works for me. Either way, it's been so long since I've played anything but my own sims and custom 'hoods that it's really a nice change of pace to try someone else's.

*goes to check-out sub-hood possibilities*

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 3:58 AM
I added “Arbor Falls” to my megahood and I started with makeovers to the Sims, the pets are good for now. For me Mikael Clayton is like the leader of this bunch of people, one day he went to a cards game with Frances J. Worthington and Brandi Broke, there Frances tried to explain the benefits for Arbor Falls if they join to “Old Town” like a new section of the city. For Mikael the idea was great and all, but he was more focus in Brandi and her qualities. The next week Arbor Falls will be joining Old Town officially and the Goth family will control more lands and people.

Some pictures of Mikael and his new look...

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:23 PM
When I saw that Mr. Clayton has a thing for vampires in his turn-ons, I wanted to help him. So I changed Happy's Hideout into a nightclub, downloaded a mod which allows grand vampires outside downtowns and let him be a nightclub owner.

Some pictures of The Clayton Club