Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:56 AM
Default Got Some New Budgies
My mum got some new budgies about a week ago and two of them are trying for babies, I think. And the hen is hollowing out her little burrowing log. They're really adding a lot of cheer and colour to the house after my budgie Henlee died. A few days ago, she also bought another budgie because she liked his acrobatics. He's such a cutie! The left-out grayish-blue male is also starting to get all bro-mancy with him. Might post pics sometime because those budgies are cute. Our balcony where they are kept is a mess due to some unfinished repairs and attempted barn swallow infestations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 4:02 AM
Budgies (especially females) can be picky about who they want to pair up with, but males with no available females will pair up with another male. They don't try to breed, so I guess just a bro-mance.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 5:43 AM
I see. The female budgie is already 'remodeling' the nesting box. She and the mostly-white male are acting so lovey-dovey it's cute!