Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Arcanine4President : 25th Mar 2019 at 5:22 PM.
Does My Laptop Meet The Requirements?
Hi! I'm new here, and sorry if the title is a bit too long.

I just got a new laptop for my birthday, and I have the Sims 4 and all packs. I've noticed that frequently, my Sims will stand idle when they have commands, and I have to reset them too much that it's beginning to become unplayable for me.
I have mods and some cc, but not a lot.
I was wondering if it has anything to do with my specs, as my parents didn't buy the laptop with gaming in mind. I don't understand things well (something I can't control), so I wasn't able to compare my specs to the requirements. Sorry if I mess anything up, and please explain any solutions to me in a simplified way, thanks!

Here are the specs (copy and pasted, I'm not sure what ones are important):
Lenovo IdeaPad 330S- 15IKB 81F5004EUS 15.6" Laptop (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen quad-core 1.6-3.4GHz 6MB cache (User Benchmark CPU score: 62)
Graphics (CPU): Intel UHD 620 integrated graphics (User Benchmark GPU score: 7)
System Memory (RAM): 8GB
Storage: 128GB SSD
Windows Version: Windows 10

Also, with these specs, what is the recommended graphics settings and how many CC/Mods should I have?

I hope this is the correct info
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:31 PM
There's a tool that can test if your laptop meets the requirements
EA are referring to it in their article about their requirements, so it should be safe to use
https://www.systemrequirementslab.c...he-sims-4/12305

click on the Can You Run It button and download it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
There's a tool that can test if your laptop meets the requirements
EA are referring to it in their article about their requirements, so it should be safe to use
https://www.systemrequirementslab.c...he-sims-4/12305

click on the Can You Run It button and download it.

Thank you! I scanned it and it said it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, which is strange because sometimes it runs fine even with all of the packs.
It also said everything I have is fine apart from my CPU.

Is it dangerous for my laptop to keep playing The Sims, will it fry the laptop?

Also, I looked into it a bit and a lot of people are saying that it is unreliable. It tells them that their systems can't run a certain game, but they can run it fine.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcanine4President
Thank you! I scanned it and it said it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, which is strange because sometimes it runs fine even with all of the packs.
It also said everything I have is fine apart from my CPU.

Is it dangerous for my laptop to keep playing The Sims, will it fry the laptop?

Also, I looked into it a bit and a lot of people are saying that it is unreliable. It tells them that their systems can't run a certain game, but they can run it fine.

Just a quick tidbit. Do you know Sims 4 has this wonderful option for laptop? My computer guy says my laptop is old for Sims4 but it's running way smoother then it does Sims3.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...-4-laptop-mode/

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 9:25 PM
if you're having problems with idle sims, it might be because you have too many mods or some conflict. Since it's a new laptop, it should be 64 bit so you shouldn't have problems with the game itself. Your problem will lie in what mods and how many you have. Heavy mods (Explore mod, extreme violence, etc) will cause a lot of idle problems on laptops--pretty much regardless of everything else. You will probably want to do the hard work of going in and seeing which mods are heavy in your game and how the game runs without each one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Just a quick tidbit. Do you know Sims 4 has this wonderful option for laptop? My computer guy says my laptop is old for Sims4 but it's running way smoother then it does Sims3.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...-4-laptop-mode/

Apparently I'm not allowed to run my game in laptop mode because I have CC...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
if you're having problems with idle sims, it might be because you have too many mods or some conflict. Since it's a new laptop, it should be 64 bit so you shouldn't have problems with the game itself. Your problem will lie in what mods and how many you have. Heavy mods (Explore mod, extreme violence, etc) will cause a lot of idle problems on laptops--pretty much regardless of everything else. You will probably want to do the hard work of going in and seeing which mods are heavy in your game and how the game runs without each one.

Thanks! I found out I have over 100 mods, so I cleaned it out and now I have around 48 mod files and my game runs a lot smoother and my sims rarely idle. I think the mod that was causing the most lag was MC Command Centre, but I can't really play without it because I want story progression.
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcanine4President
Apparently I'm not allowed to run my game in laptop mode because I have CC...

I run my game with CC on laptop mode with zero issue... ... Unless it's the type of CC. I do run is the MC Command center and a few other annoying habit deterrents.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.