Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Primavera : 18th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Three Lakes & Pink Flashing
So this didn't turn out to be a one-time thing. Before this I never had pink flashing on my laptop and on this desktop. I wanted to indulge my newlywed sims and send them to Three Lakes; everything loaded fine until I got to the Campgrounds. Everything was flashing and I panicked and left. I went over to a community lot to see if it was flashing too and it wasn't, but when I exited back out to Three Lakes it was flashing like crazy. By this time I had moved my sims to a different hotel and it wasn't flashing, so when I sent them to the little sauna area the sims started (including mine) T-posing. Again, I panicked and sent them back to check out and go back home. Looks like the flashing followed this household home when one sim's newspaper started flashing while he was on the toliet, and this happened a sim day after. Nothing else happened after that though.

I cleared my Accessory.cache and Thumbnails and went to my test hood to see if Three Lakes was better- it wasn't and the Campgrounds were still flashing. I'm not sure if it's completely isolated in Three Lakes since I haven't tested the other vacation hoods but I guess Three Lakes is too taxing on my desktop for some reason. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I do have GraphicsRules and my memory is 4098MB and I've never played a vacation hood up until this point. I also have empty vacation hood templates if that helps.

EDIT: I also have a backup of my neighborhood from 2 days ago in case anything goes screwy. Don't know if that'll solve anything though.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 8:27 PM
Does the pink flashing still persist if you reboot your computer? Be sure to have it shut down fully, not just hibernate/ sleep.

If so, check your system temperatures. Make sure your computer isn't getting too hot whilst you are playing.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does the pink flashing still persist if you reboot your computer? Be sure to have it shut down fully, not just hibernate/ sleep.

If so, check your system temperatures. Make sure your computer isn't getting too hot whilst you are playing.

I haven't thought about restarting my PC, doing that now. But I don't think my desktop gets too hot, I believe it has a cooling system since it's a gaming PC but I'll have to reread its configurations. And I did pull an all-nighter rebuilding lots up until 6:30 this morning so maybe that caused it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 9:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Mar 2019 at 10:05 PM.
The longer you keep your game running, the more likely you'll get pink-flashing, because the texture memory fills up. Closing the game should get rid of the texture memory issue for the next time you play, and by turning the PC off, you empty out some the other crap that collects over the course of a PC cycle (startup to power-off). Completely shutting down the computer may help with getting rid of the pink-flashing issue for an even longer while than just shutting down the game.

All PCs have a cooling system. If they didn't, everything would overheat and the componets may even melt. Gaming PCs tend to have better cooling systems than non-gaming PCs, because they're built to deal with more heat from running demanding programs. Overheating can happen within the system, so depending on how the PC is built, it's possible that the outside is cool to the touch but the inside is too hot. Some components may trigger shutdown (programs or PC) or other safety measures if they run too hot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:15 PM
I thought I posted here-odd. I linked you to Mara's blog, do all the things recommended. http://marasims.tumblr.com/post/172...flash-crash-fix

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Primavera : 17th Mar 2019 at 2:41 AM.
Hey guys, my internet is on the fritz so I'm typing this from my phone; thank you for your solutions but it turns out that the pink flashing was a lighting mod issue after removing my Downloads folder.

I'm currently using dreadpirate's Maxis Match Lighting Mod and never had any problems with it until now. What struck me odd was that the flashing didn't occur outside the vacation hoods. When I took out the shaders the Three Lakes campground returned to normal, same goes for the other vacation hoods.

I'm currently switching the lighting mod out for the 2018 version and see if the pink flashing shows up there.

EDIT: so far my theory is true. Tested both Three Lakes and Twikki Island and no pink flashing.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:03 AM
Did you try the Better Nightlight mod by criquette? http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ustom-hood-deco
Conflicts:
Moi’s Neighbourhood Water Global Mod
and any other neighborhood shader default replacement.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:45 AM Last edited by Primavera : 18th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you try the Better Nightlight mod by criquette? http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ustom-hood-deco
Conflicts:
Moi’s Neighbourhood Water Global Mod
and any other neighborhood shader default replacement.

Hey sorry I just got my internet back on a few hours ago and I was making sure my new printer was working. And I don't have that any more because dreadpirate included Better Nightlife in her MM Lighting Mod so I don't need it. And I don't have Moi's, dreadpirate included Voielle's water mod in her lighting mod as well. I just opened my game again and went to Takemizu(?) Village and no pink flashing there. Only thing I need to figure out is why the sunrise/sunset lighting isn't working. But other than that, thankfully it wasn't an issue with my computer.

EDIT: turns out the sunrise/sunset still works, just not in vacation hoods. Weird but livable. I'm still gonna replace my hood with my current backup to undo the flashing newspaper. I don't want any more unexpected flashing issues with that hood.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:43 AM
I know I marked this solved but I came back with an update; the pink flashing was still there on certain vacation lots so I decided to switch to Radiance 2.4 and loaded up a test hood to try out the Axe Campgrounds and there was no pink flashing. I do have Criquette's Better Nightlife mod with Voielle's neighborhood water mod intergrated along with the RLS shaders installed and there's no pink flashing as far as I can tell, and the lots are loading much faster than before. I still don't know what exactly caused the pink flashing issue but hopefully this solution worked.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads