Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Open Sims 2 UC at all
Hey everyone, how's it going? I recently decided to download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC, but after downloading it, it won't open. In fact, every time I try to launch the game it freezes my computer to the point where I have to go into Task Manager and force myself to sign out. Obviously with the computer I have I should have zero issues running the game. I have the game set to run in compatibility mode (I've tried with Windows XP SP2, SP3, Windows 7, and Windows 8 and all of them lead to the same result), run as an administrator, and I've used the Graphics Rule Maker tool. Additionally, I've tried launching before using the graphics rule maker, but alas, the same result.

I'm becoming frustrated and really want to play, but I'm starting to not understand what more I could do. If anyone's had a similar issue, please let me know and perhaps your solution will also work for me! Thank you so much and have a good day everyone!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:30 AM
Did the game make cache files? Accessory.cache and Groups.cache? Delete those.
If you ran Body Shop delete the other two cache files with them

Try right clicking in Origin and doing 'repair game'

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did the game make cache files? Accessory.cache and Groups.cache? Delete those.
If you ran Body Shop delete the other two cache files with them

Try right clicking in Origin and doing 'repair game'

It never gets far enough to create the cache files, unfortunately. The only files that generate are the "Log" folder which has various documents (Most of which are actually blank) and the "Teleport" folder, but there's nothing inside.

I've tried reparing the game, and I've actually tried removing and reinstalling in case something was corrupted the first time around.

Still nothing, sadly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:03 PM
Try going through this thread over on Leefish. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8221

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:50 PM
Which OS do you have?

I've got Win7, and my settings are "run as admin" and nothing ticked under compatibility. I've also done the 4GB fix. My Bodyshop runs with XP SP3, but no admin mode. Sometimes it's the right combination that does it, but it can be a hassle to figure out what works, and it may depend on your OS.

Some antivirus programs can get a bit overzealous and stop EXEs from running, particularly for older applications like TS2, so you may want to try to either exclude/whitelist the Sims files, or even turn off your antivirus when playing. Which antivirus do you have?

It's also possible the game is trying to access Origin, and lack of success makes it freeze up. Not sure about this one, though. From what I can gather, it is possible to run UC offline, but you'll have to fix that in the settings and maybe do some tinkering.