Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 11th Mar 2019 at 3:05 AM.
Default Here's something (fairly) significant you (probably) don't know
Okay so I bent over backwards to make that not read like a clickbait title, but you get the idea.

I was talking to some other TS3 players on Discord recently when one of them mentioned a Deadmau5 song being in the game......but I told them they were misremembering, there aren't any Deadmau5 songs in the game. But she doubled down and made me look it up. And then someone else came in and said they'd also never seen it in the game. So I started looking and immediately found 4 or 5 songs that were described as being in The Sims 3 despite me not having them. What we found out is that there are distinct regional differences in what songs are available where.

While there are no well laid-out lists of all songs in the game, it's pretty evident that there are different bundles of songs for each pack depending on where in the world you live. So I'm curious to know if anyone else can either find more discrepancies, or shed some light on the manner. It's probably a licensing thing but how do you fix the issue? I'm running Dutch copies, all my packs are Dutch, but I'm running the game in UK English. Here's the songs that I've confirmed to be absent in my game.

Smiley Aili - Cyclone (Electronica)
Smiley Aili - HWY 92 (Electronica)
Deadmau5 - Some Chords (Electronica)
Innerpartysystem - American Trash (Electronica)
Bonnie McKee - American Girl (Pop)
Charlie XCX - Take My Hand (Pop)

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:55 PM
Interesting! I have a mix of Danish and English copies, and I don't have any of those songs you listed, either. Never even thought about there being differences, depending on location. I wonder what the reasoning is.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 1:58 PM
I'm running the UK English version, with all packs installed. Of those six the only two not present in my game are the Deadmau5 and Innerpartysystem tracks. I'm not into Electronica myself but, on behalf of those of my sims who are, I feel deprived.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:59 PM
I feel very deprived. The idea that someone else has something I don't have, for no valid reason whatsoever! Of course it doesn't matter but that's not going to stop me from being salty about it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:09 PM
Licensing, I imagine.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:09 PM
If I remember correctly, Deadmau5 and Innerpartysystem songs were added only to the console edition. I have all except these tracks.
@AGuyCalledPi That's odd that other 4 songs from the list are absent in your game. Do you have these resources: 0x2A116C0EB0FA105C and 0x98DF70967F8072CF in FullBuild_p20.package (Movie Stuff), and 0x299E4CE97ACB65D8 and 0x2CB3F69D702BD5DB in FullBuild_p21.package (Into the Future)?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 3:55 PM
I've been meaning to ask this any way: Is there a way to add songs to a current music station (not just the custom music folder) to the game? Like to add in the songs available in other regions to the electronica station or to expand the classical station beyond the same 6 songs?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 4:12 PM
Yes, by editing the audt resources of the station. You can add, replace, delete songs. https://modthesims.info/t/558572