Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 2:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default How do I save a neighborhood/town as default?
Sorry if the wording is confusing but let me explain what i mean.

Sunset Valley, for example, I want to de-uglify some townsfolk, maybe change up the world layout a bit. Is there a way to save the world so that my edits show up as the default Sunset Valley every time I make a new game file?

Jumping off of that, is there any difference between doing this with an EA world vs a Custom Made world?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:42 PM Last edited by igazor : 8th Mar 2019 at 12:30 AM.
Either way you would have to use CAW to generate new .world files. In the case of base game and EP worlds, you would then need to replace the stock .world files that would be found deep inside of the Program (Application) Files with your newer creations once tested.

As you are playing the Mac version of the game, the CAW program would not be an option though.

The path of less resistance, especially if you are only using the in-game world editor and nothing fancier than that, may be to instead create saved games in these worlds that are all fixed up the way you want and start your new games by loading up those (and Save As with a new save name for playing forward) instead of starting over each time from the world selection menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Either way you would have to use CAW to generate new .world files. In the case of base game and EP worlds, you would then need to replace the stock .world files that would be found deep inside of the Program (Application) Files with your newer creations once tested...

I did consider the Save file method but i sounded a little tedious. I do have a PC available to me that I use to run other various sims related programs like s3pe, dashboard, etc. This question actually came up because I am thinking of trying my hand at the CAW program, never used it before but ive been reading some tutorials and i think id be interested in learning. Im going to download it tonight/tomorrow and see if it is worth pursuing, (if it even works on my 2011 Lenovo) and if so I may come back to this tread and ask how to do that other way you mentioned

Thanks always for the advise!