Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 9:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Premade Sims gone
I recently downloaded and placed all the .world files with fixxes applied (thanks to Ellacharmed for them) where they belong, naturally I made backups for every world file by changing their names/formats to .original for example, deleted cache files using CCMagic and reconstructed, all of this after reinstalling the game cleanly (Steam, with all DLCs) and installing all store packs/worlds and Nraas must-have mods. After all this work to get my game ready to play, I started a New game. Any neighborhood I select has ALL pre-made Sims gone. All houses are empty, all neighborhoods unpopulated. I don't know at what point did this happen, but it was working well before I ran CCMagic and Sims3Dashboard to see if any mod conflicted or was corrupted.Is there a way to restore my premade Sims without re-re-re-installing the game AGAIN? I may aswell do that but I don't want to lose another 2-4 hours downloading the game on steam. I reinstalled the game yesterday for the very same reason that all pre-made Sims were gone and all neighborhoods were unpopulated, checked before doing anything and all worlds were populated, so I started working as I said, getting a few must-have mods, installing store packs/worlds, running dashboard and ccmagic to avoid any conflict, corruption or duplicated file. Entered Monte Vista and found out it was totally unpopulated. Changed the fixxed file for the original one and ran the game again, started a new game only to find it was still unpopulated. What should I do? What did I do wrong? I want to play with pre-made Sims and fixxed worlds, but I must have messed at some point using CCMagic or dashboard and deleted all pre-made Sims somehow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:41 PM
Already responded on the Steam forum where I happened to see this question first, but this seems puzzling. The pre-made sims in EA worlds, either the stock ones or Ella's redone worlds, are not forms of CC that would be affected by CCMagic or Dashboard. Although this might not be it, are you certain that you are not somehow getting stuck in the game's tutorial mode rather than actually starting real games in these worlds? If you retreat to Edit Town, does anything different show up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Already responded on the Steam forum where I happened to see this question first, but this seems puzzling. The pre-made sims in EA worlds, either the stock ones or Ella's redone worlds, are not forms of CC that would be affected by CCMagic or Dashboard. Although this might not be it, are you certain that you are not somehow getting stuck in the game's tutorial mode rather than actually starting real games in these worlds? If you retreat to Edit Town, does anything different show up?

Decided to repeat everything I did step by step and something in my mods folder seems to be causing this. Weird thing is none of these programs throw any corrupted or conflicting file that may be causing this. I have just a few script mods and most are Nraas', some of them affect little things but nothing as big as to wipe out all sims from my neighborhoods. I may have to take everything out and try pack by pack until I find the problem... Unless there's something faster than that :/ maybe store fixes or CCMerged I carried over by Accident(?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 5:18 AM
Finally found what was causing it, it was a fix mod for University world, checked most of my mods descriptions right here and found out I shouldn't use it before a new game. Or shouldn't have it installed at all until I wanted to get to uni. Thanks for your interest, Igazor!