Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:38 AM
Default Strange rendering bug when viewing objects on a lower level
Since around the January patch, I've been having an issue where the game will make certain objects like stairs, furniture and Sims invisible when viewing them from an upper level.

I found a seven page thread on the EA bug reporting forum about it with screenshots and videos from numerous players that can explain it better than I can (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ts/td-p/7166295) but there appears to be no solution, and no acknowledgement from EA about this issue. Some people on page 2 posted a possible work around, but I can't get it to work.

From my testing, it appears to be a bug relating to occlusion culling and deleted floor tiles, where the game thinks there should be a floor tile and stops rendering objects that would be hidden by that floor tile from the cameras view.

Did EA make some changes to the renderer recently? Is there a way to disable occlusion culling in Sims 4? Had a look through a few of the ini files, but didn't find anything that looked like a likely setting.