Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:29 PM
Default New Update Caused Issues
So I updated my game the other day and now it doesn’t work properly. With mods and cc enabled I can’t use build mode. If I disable all mods and cc it works fine. Do I have to reinstall ALL my cc and mods hoping they’ve been updated for the new patch??? Or is there another fix? Can’t play my game now
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:30 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:32 PM
Probably a broken mod.. All script mods broke with that patch (and some of the other mods as well)
check the huge list here.. (sorry)
https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/brok...atch-famous-ep/
Inventor
#4 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:44 PM
Only disabling and enabling mods/cc in your game wont magically update outdated mods. You have to delete those mods, which need to be updated and download updated versions.
Space Pony
#5 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Only disabling and enabling mods/cc in your game wont magically update outdated mods. You have to delete those mods, which need to be updated and download updated versions.
If they exist. :/
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 12:22 PM
Well EA did it again, The December 18th patch broke all mods once again. I'm sick of EA pushing out new patches that break mods. I took out all mods before updating and put them back in after, I still got all mods disabled. Goodbye sims 4, I'm going back to sims 2. (sigh) Sims 4 is now uninstalled. Good riddance to bad luggage.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 4:38 PM
It's the effin' Lin-z. It's effin' up peoples games.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor.../7293766#M81031
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Well EA did it again, The December 18th patch broke all mods once again. I'm sick of EA pushing out new patches that break mods. I took out all mods before updating and put them back in after, I still got all mods disabled. Goodbye sims 4, I'm going back to sims 2. (sigh) Sims 4 is now uninstalled. Good riddance to bad luggage.

Just because they got automatically disabled it does NOT mean they are all broken.. it only means that you don't understand enough about handling mods..
the game disables cc and mods every time it's updating (for everyone) and you need to enable them back after you check for news to see if anything is broken..
such news you can get for an example at MCCC discord channel, at the "mods news" section, where they announce about broken mods, and mods which got updated and require re-downloading.

for an example, this recent update didn't break much at all
it only messed up with MCCC and the UI cheats, and both of them already got an available updated version to download.
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 6:49 PM
I'm not sick of patches breaking mods but so sick of them introducing Save Game damaging bugs, mods can be replaced, but Save Games cause loss time and progress, and need the to salvage backups, that's if you haven't saved more than five times.

Well, I'm glad I regularly back up my saves to seperate physical media, and thats only in case my drive my main drive ever fails, not so much for EA stupidity...
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I'm not sick of patches breaking mods but so sick of them introducing Save Game damaging bugs, mods can be replaced, but Save Games cause loss time and progress, and need the to salvage backups, that's if you haven't saved more than five times.

Well, I'm glad I regularly back up my saves to seperate physical media, and thats only in case my drive my main drive ever fails, not so much for EA stupidity...

EA QA

in addition to constantly backing up what's important I would highly recommend just waiting for a minimum of a few days before updating for any patch, just to estimate the amount of damage it might bring..
un-check the Auto-updates and wait for the bug reports, then wait for the modders to fix what EA broke and continue from there..
sad but true
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:26 PM
I haven't patched, but just knowing about it irritates me, I got the choice of an out of date game or a damaging updated game, I always do a lot of research before I patch, and this research if forcing me not to patch and with this case, like the last case, Wait for the patch for the main patch,.. Again...
Space Pony
#12 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

Hear, hear! I thought the Sims 3 saves broke easily. All you have to do is look at a Sims 4 save file wrong for it to break!
Space Pony
#13 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
Did you know that even clothing can cause issues? Especially now that everything works a little differently (I think). I found something that actually helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqCJ0sh1Ht4