Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 7:53 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 11th Sep 2018 at 10:28 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Game crashes when loading a family
So, a couple days ago I moved my sims to a new town. Everything was completely fine, until this evening, when my game crashed when I tried fixing a festival ground lot. I deleted my cache files, world caches and thumbnails. I also deleted the .nhd files of my sims's previously lived towns, and the vacation worlds too. But I didn't delete the .nhd file of my current town. When I started my game up, and selected my family, it crashed when it was almost loaded. I've read up a lot of things online about this, people say to delete cache files (I have done that) and load up the backup file (I have also done this too, but still crashes). I have not, though, tested my game without mods, because I haven't downloaded any mods since a few weeks ago or something like that. I don't want to have to ditch this save, it is very important to me, and I don't want to go through the hassle of re-installing my game, since school will start again in a couple days and it takes quite a bit of time. My game version is 1.69.

Edit: I remember a similar thing happened not long ago too, I managed to fix it somehow, but I don't know exactly what I did. Though I do remember replacing my resource.cfg file.
Another edit: My origin also encounters a serious problem after the game crashes
Final edit: I think my saved game might be corrupted actually

Please help me, I will appreciate any help

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita