Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:55 PM
Default My lesbians needed sperm donors, and hilarity ensues!
Not much point to this story other than I felt like chatting and thought it was funny. I've got Alexandra and Bianca in a committed, loving marriage, and of course adoption is always an option, but I really enjoy the pregnancy process and seeing how two sims' genetics will blend, so I decided this couple would hunt the neighborhood looking for appropriate sperm donors. I don't use anti-jealousy hacks or anything, so this took some juggling to keep each woman from knowing the other was off with a guy.

First they'd go out together and scope out potential mates, making sure there was some chemistry for both of them, then each would separately arrange a date with the chosen NPC. I was having fun having them use only the least-romantic interactions, like "smooch" --and no "caressing!" lol

So I did this three times, and each woman had three kids--so a whole pack of half-siblings. At first we had trouble with the sperm donors showing up to kick over the trash, but then I had Alexandra learn how to make sentry bots, so then we just electrocuted the sperm donors when they showed up.

One really odd thing was when Bianca was out with one of them and his identical self showed up--same name and everything, and obviously the same crush on Bianca, because he busted up the date and threw a fit. That took a bit of repairing, and luckily Bianca had the voodoo doll to rebuild the relationship. But that's the first time I have seen a neighborhood spawn an identical NPC. Worked out fine though--she managed to fix it and get knocked up.

The only other odd thing was that none of the kids--until the youngest two--had any problem with Bianca and Alexandra's relationship. I know some sim kids will be upset if a parent remarries, but these two never even met their Dad so i am not sure what caused them to react badly. (Kind of like real life, huh?) In any case--what characteristic causes kids t be upset if their parent is with someone other than their biological parent?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM
Throw Chris Hatch's Pregnancy Relationship Adjuster in and you'll have yourself even more fun.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:34 AM.
For the next time (if you want to avoid the jealousy issues and whatnots), you could always do it the easy way by mod - just spawn the two men to the lot and choose "make pregnant with..." for each of the women. However, there's so many issues doing it this way, and they won't have proper family ties with the babies unless manually set afterward.

I'd usually make the women pregnant with each other - that way the'd both be the proper parents of the kids. In my game two women or two men can have babies together the 'regular' way, because science (possibly also aliens - who knows?). Men can get pregnant ingame, so why not?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
One really odd thing was when Bianca was out with one of them and his identical self showed up--same name and everything, and obviously the same crush on Bianca, because he busted up the date and threw a fit. That took a bit of repairing, and luckily Bianca had the voodoo doll to rebuild the relationship. But that's the first time I have seen a neighborhood spawn an identical NPC.
Something similar happened in my game back in 2014. When out shopping, Berjes Wilsonoff was confronted with two instances of his boyfriend Amar Larrea. When he kissed one of them, the other one hit him -- for cheating!! Poor Berjes looked dazed and confused. You can see my original report (with pictures) here!

In my case I'm pretty sure I know how it happened. I was trying out Inge's teleporter shrub, and used it to teleport Amar onto the lot. However, the game had the same idea as I had, and Amar was already in the portal and about to appear at the same time as I was teleporting him. I believe you don't get this problem with the more modern teleporter cat, as it checks who or what is in the portal, but it requires at least Pets, while my highest EP is OFB.

Berjes and Amar are both playables (though they started life as townies. I wasn't taking any chances with met self memories and the like, so I quit without saving. If we want an in-game explanation, I think we'll just say that Berjes had a bad dream!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:02 AM
I messed up when setting up my hood and ended up with two sets of Pleasantview townies. I've fixed most of them (makeovers, aging down to populate the orphanage, etc).

Most of them.

Occasionally, thanks to portal issues, two copies of the same Sim might appear on dorm or apartment lots. I usually just force-error and delete one, but once I didn't notice until a Sim got into a fight with himself.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
This would be the famous teen, Ivy Copur, and her body double, I think.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For the next time (if you want to avoid the jealousy issues and whatnots), you could always do it the easy way by mod - just spawn the two men to the lot and choose "make pregnant with..." for each of the women. However, there's so many issues doing it this way, and they won't have proper family ties with the babies unless manually set afterward.

I made Tiffany Curian pregnat by Greg Aerius with the Tombstone of Life and Death, and their daughter Epiphany has proper family ties with Greg and his adopted son. She doesn't have family flags for Greg's husband or Tiffany's wife, but she can family kiss them. So maybe some mods don't set the ties properly; but the testingcheats do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 2:19 AM
I use the blender to have my lesbian couples have a baby with each other. I don't want to fix all the relationships and family ties manually. I just pretend they had an anonymous sperm donor who shares features with their wife.
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Something similar happened in my game back in 2014. When out shopping, Berjes Wilsonoff was confronted with two instances of his boyfriend Amar Larrea. When he kissed one of them, the other one hit him -- for cheating!! Poor Berjes looked dazed and confused. You can see my original report (with pictures) here!

In my case I'm pretty sure I know how it happened. I was trying out Inge's teleporter shrub, and used it to teleport Amar onto the lot. However, the game had the same idea as I had, and Amar was already in the portal and about to appear at the same time as I was teleporting him. I believe you don't get this problem with the more modern teleporter cat, as it checks who or what is in the portal, but it requires at least Pets, while my highest EP is OFB.

Berjes and Amar are both playables (though they started life as townies. I wasn't taking any chances with met self memories and the like, so I quit without saving. If we want an in-game explanation, I think we'll just say that Berjes had a bad dream!

I once did that with one of my Sim couples, Ben and Lisa, while using the moveobjects cheat and buy mode active to place their clones somewhere. After cheating occurred, chaos ensued. Even one of the Lisa's who woohooed with her Ben ended up beating the crap out of him. You can tell the game got confused as all hell.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:29 AM
Very funny stuff, y'all! I don't download anything though--a couple of reasons: one is that practically every game glitch I've ever seen in my years of browsing these threads is from using some sort of mod or downloading custom content. So I prefer not to risk it. So far so good--i have never had a corruption. And I kind of like the challenge of trying to figure stuff out without hacking it.

And two, I don't need it! I've been playing for years and never felt the need to add more stuff to my game--I still discover new things even now! Like the karaoke microphone--I never put it in a house because it looked boring to me, but then i tried it one time, and the KIDS CAN USE IT! So cute! And now I can sing "La momba, bibby abba doo, la momba!"
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I made Tiffany Curian pregnat by Greg Aerius with the Tombstone of Life and Death, and their daughter Epiphany has proper family ties with Greg and his adopted son. She doesn't have family flags for Greg's husband or Tiffany's wife, but she can family kiss them. So maybe some mods don't set the ties properly; but the testingcheats do.

I meant that sims will have proper family ties with whomever is their biological second parent (and their family), but won't have family ties with their adoptive parent (like they would if the couple adopted). If the couple is married, they probably will be half-siblings with other kids in the family, though.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:42 PM
@grumpy_otter - I hope you at least have nounlinkondelete. Even if you're careful with graves, the game isn't necessarily!

Inventor
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:16 PM.
And BO's No Sim Loaded to fix the rogue multiple pet pregnancy controllers (among other things), which can cause your game to lag to an excruciating degree and eventually make lots unplayable.

nounlinkondelete is vital in another way since the game could shred deceased sims' files without your notice or input.

Edit: (For anyone reading who isn't familiar with these, I strongly recommend reading through the stickied thread, Essential Mods, on the main Sims 2 Discussion page.)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:40 PM
@grumpy-otter - have you ever opened your game to find that your hood is gone? Like in gone, gone, gone, as if it has vanished into outer space?

It happened to me. After I played my vanilla hood for four and a half years.

Consider the essential mods - you can find them in the sticky posts.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:06 PM
I have no mods whatsoever. But I never play hoods that long. After I get everyone happy and fulfilled, I tend to lose interest and load new neighborhoods. But thanks for the hints!
Inventor
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:40 PM.
Point - you're less likely to find signs of corruption if you don't play hoods that long, unless it's the game files that are corrupted.

I'd still recommend the essential mods, if only so that you don't wonder why you have missing sims, unplayable lots, and hoods that you can't even enter anymore. Visible corruption can happen in a second or it may take years. If the game decides to delete a grave on your second night in a household, there's a probability that the hood would be gone the next time you try to play it and a probability that it will last much longer. We can't determine how fast and hard and when it will strike - that's what makes it dangerous and the essential mods more important.

If you haven't yet, I suggest setting your objects files as read-only - just in case a vampire bites Mrs. Crumplebottom and other game-corrupting (not just limited to your neighborhoods) events that could happen in the background. Just in case you play the neighborhoods that are shipped by the game, Tarlia has cleaned-up versions as well; most, if not all, of the default ones come pre-corrupted and there might be a chance that the EAxis ones won't last long enough for your liking.

It's all your choice, of course. It's just that many of us have lost hoods that became important to us one way or another, and we wouldn't want anyone to experience the same at all. I lost a neighborhood that I was lucky to be able to play for 5 years, and well, it still stings a bit even though I managed to rebuild it.

Edit:

For anyone interested, here's a link to a wiki that discusses how to avoid corruption, both for the game and your hoods: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
At first we had trouble with the sperm donors showing up to kick over the trash, but then I had Alexandra learn how to make sentry bots, so then we just electrocuted the sperm donors when they showed up.

I usually use move_objects to get the trashcan away from the street, fence it in and lock the door to the little shed. Cheaty, I know
Inventor
#18 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:32 AM
I once commanded my Sim to kick over her own trash can for the purpose of gathering the garbage for the compost. Since she had both a sentry bot and a Servo, and I have a mod that puts Servos into a defense mechanism, you can bet that didn't end well. The Servo actually came out of nowhere because she was at work, and it caused her car to be stuck in limbo.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff