Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 6:41 AM
Default TS2 - Roof Feedback
I told you guys that roofing an I do not get along. I'm so sorry that is mainly what I end up asking for eyeballs on, but this roof has me on the fence. I *think* it's OK, but I would much rather have a second opinion before I go and upload this baby. Thanks for any help! :lovestruc

(This is a Tightwad Street home.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:28 AM
There is a few different ways to fix that roof. I have 2 suggestions.
1. have the biggest roof going from the front to the back, and add on the back sides later.
2. make the front part with a much lower "porch" roof.

If you go for the first option, having a mansard for the main and the classical gable on the little additions perhaps. The angle of the backsides then has to be the same as the main roof.

Usually though, I would try to avoid that kind of shape, because the roof is always going to look rather odd.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:03 PM
Thanks Volvenom, I'll try and mess around with it as suggested. Yeah, it just kind of happened on this one. I shan't do it again, believe that!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:00 AM
I have to agree with Volvenom, that is a tricky shape for a house. I was also thinking of the same suggestion- instead of roofing it as 2 separate rectangles, roof the middle square, and then add the 2 back side pieces. Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:34 AM
With a 20/25 degree pitch roof.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:10 AM
I think that looks much better.

If you still want to play with it, here is a roof by Vincent T. In TS3 you would place the horizontal gable roof first, and then the larger square gable roof. Ignore the little balconies at the corners.
Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo