Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 6:58 AM
Default CC Magic Question for Initial Use
I'm looking to use this tool this time around, but the support has sort of faded for it. I've watched some YT vids and read the Getting Started tutorials, and I pretty much get how it's used, BUT I have one small, misunderstood question that I'm just not getting.

Prior to getting CC Magic, I installed all of my Store stuff through the launcher. When I start up CC Magic, that's now all in the "Default" area and no longer in my Downloads folder(which I'm fine with being empty if that's ok).
I'm not sure what to do at this initial point, as I don't want to use CC Magic to install these files(or will it re-install them?)

I intend to convert all the CC sims3packs to .package before transferring them into CC Magic. I'm excited about the organizational aspects of the tool.

Bonus question A: Can the tool be used for the existing store items I've already installed somehow? I know worlds/patterns/.etc aren't a good idea, but I do have quite the assortment of clothing.

Bonus question B: I'm not too keen about starting the program through CC Magic and prefer the .exe shortcuts that I use. I'm 1.67 and do not use the icky launcher to launch the game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:14 PM
Anything that was in the Downloads folder when you open CCMagic is now treated as also installed by CCMagic. That applies to store items as well. I haven't done this for a while, so I'm not sure but if you open the game, it might show the items twice. That doesn't necessarily mean they are installed twice.
Whatever was in the downloads folder is now in the CCMagic content folder.
If you want to turn your store sims3packs into packages, you need to decrapify them first, I think. I think that also needs to be done if you keep using them as sims3packs. Otherwise, the store items won't work properly.
The nice thing about CCMagic is that it extracts and merges sims3packs into packages, so you don't have to do it yourself with S3PE. Just drop everything into the downloads folder and then open CCMagic and sort your CC into sets.
You don't need to use CCMagic as a launcher. People on 1.69 can't anyway but being on 1.67, you have that option. So, just close it with the right configuration you want to use prior to launching the game.
Inventor
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:35 PM
Cc magic takes the files from the downloads folder and puts it in his own folder. If you let cc magic keep it in the folder it will basically download it again, if you previous had the items downloaded through the launcher. You can just keep the files from the download folder somewhere else, as the game does not use them after initial download. You can just keep them somewhere else as backup, that way cc magic wont download it a second time and wont touch it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:18 PM
Thanks a lot! I just couldn't get over that little thing, but it's easier than it seems. So happy to be able to easily organize my shtuff! ex: Hair/Female/Newsea Yay for sub-sub folders!
Wasn't aware that de-crapifying was still a thing. Will look into this as I still haven't installed most things yet, but yeah - once I realized that it processes sims3pack and .package the same, screw converting.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th May 2020 at 7:11 PM
I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm not sure I understand. So if I have stuff already installed through the launcher, CCMagic takes care of them, so there's no double install? Or do I have to uninstall everything in my launcher first? I remember when I used CC Magic years ago and some random sims3packs would not show up in game when installed through CC Magic (not world's or something, just regular objects)
Should I disable the world's I've installed through the launcher that are now in CC Magic?
Instructor
#6 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:52 AM
There is a good tutorial here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-update-batman/ . You do need to register at the asylum but it has alot of good info and mods.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:29 PM
Thank you.. But i don't really feel comfortable registering on a site called "naughty sims"?. Can I access this information anywhere else?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fa_wry
Thank you.. But i don't really feel comfortable registering on a site called "naughty sims"?. Can I access this information anywhere else?

The Sims Asylum is a perfectly respectable place. The word "Naughty" in the site's name is not meant to convey what might be considered adult forms of naughtiness, it's meant to be a reflection of how poorly behaved sims can be generally as compared to how we might rather have them behave without guidance from players and mods much like misbehaving (naughty) children can be.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:00 PM
Oh, haha well then, thanks for clearing that up!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:43 PM
Can someone please help me, I’ve installed ccmagic and after clicking on the ccmagic app.. it closes like its gonna run the sims3lanucher but nothing appears. I’ve tried to run the app multiple times but nothing works, I haven’t had this problem before. I don’t know why it’s happening now
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 5:48 PM
I'm guessing you are on Windows 10? You'll need to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Also, make sure you have:
the .NET Framework V4.0
the Visual C++ runtime for 32 bit (required for both 32 and 64 bit!)
the Visual C++ runtime for 64 bit
they might be part of Windows 10, I forget, but make sure you have them installed. Windows 10 will tell you if it's already installed.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm guessing you are on Windows 10? You'll need to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Also, make sure you have:
the .NET Framework V4.0
the Visual C++ runtime for 32 bit (required for both 32 and 64 bit!)
the Visual C++ runtime for 64 bit
they might be part of Windows 10, I forget, but make sure you have them installed. Windows 10 will tell you if it's already installed.

Apparently, I already have .NET Framework V4.0 or an Earlier Version, and Have both Visual C++ Runtime 32 and 64 bit installed. I've ran it in windows 7 mode but nothing appears still. I checked the setting folders and it seems to be missing something, seeing I only have the Launcher data base. Which is confusing because sometime this year through windows 10 it loaded perfectly fine and played through cc magic well until I got my computer cleaned out and set back to factory settings. I'll post a picture if that'll help
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:35 PM Last edited by 310175 : 9th Jul 2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Sorry, had to run before editing
Maybe the factory reset deleted something? Have you tried reinstalling CCMagic?

My folder contains two 'settings' files, one ends with .bak and the other hxml.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Settings>
<Entry Key="GameEXEOverride"><![CDATA[C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\RadeonPro.exe]]></Entry>
<Entry Key="ForceCompressRebuild"><![CDATA[False]]></Entry>
<Entry Key="ResourceCFGAdditional"><![CDATA[Priority 1000
PackedFile "Overrides/*.package"
PackedFile "Overrides/*/*.package"
PackedFile "Overrides/*/*/*.package"
PackedFile "Overrides/*/*/*/*.package"
PackedFile "Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package"
]]></Entry>
</Settings>