Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:45 PM
Default Sims Game Select with Steam Install
I have the steam Sims 3 1.67 install.

I tried using RalphaelNinja's "Sim Game Select". It identifies what EPs and SPs I have, it runs, but I get everything anyway. Is there a way of making SGS work with a steam install?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:56 AM
I'm not really familiar with SGS, but I'm guessing it has to do with where it's mapping the EA default game location vs. where steam installs it. I'm thinking that to fix the issue you'd have to follow similar steps to those used to allow CAW to work with a steam install, via editing the registry file so it knows where to look.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
I'm not really familiar with SGS, but I'm guessing it has to do with where it's mapping the EA default game location vs. where steam installs it. I'm thinking that to fix the issue you'd have to follow similar steps to those used to allow CAW to work with a steam install, via editing the registry file so it knows where to look.

I'm not sure what else I'd need to change in the registry, as I have CAW working with my Steam install.

As my sister the Sister would say, "It's a mystery"