Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:04 PM
Default Problem with .package mods.
Hello all!

I'm having a little problem with my mods or perhaps two. Now they are all correctly installed in Documents, in the Package folder and they all are .package files, and they ran perfectly before.

Long story short, I had a few mods before such as the banking and online center to have all the services on my PC along with some Nraas mods. Anyways I installed NRaas master controller and story progression as well as a few others, and my previous ones, banking, online center, NRaas overwatch is also not accessible via any of the menu's in the game.

I have also deleted the cache and all before running the mods. So why is it that when I installed more mods, the rest disappeared, or more precisely are not usable even tho they are loaded, like I get pop-ups from them such as "Oh hello you can use your computer for the online center blah blah blah" but there is no actual option at the computer.

P.S. one more thing, in order to not make another thread about it. My last character whilst testing this was constantly getting bombarded by meteors the second I leave my home lot, and has been abducted by aliens, twice, in two days. So yeah that sucks as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:54 AM
What you have described can happen if (a) you downloaded a mod not intended for your game's patch level or (b) one or more package files, for whatever reason, are not loading properly at startup and are blocking what would have loaded after them as well. Which patch level are you on and what kind of install is this -- all disc, Origin, mixed, Steam, from some other source (which one)?

I suggest removing everything from your Mods\Packages folder temporarily, re-download just the NRaas MasterController base mod making sure you have the right version (that would be v133 if you are on Patch 1.66, 1.67, or 1.69), clear the scriptCache file, and try just that one. If it works, then add in Overwatch, clear the scriptCache again, and proceed from there. By the way, a good place to look for the NRaas > Overwatch menu would be City Hall. MasterController should be on City Hall also, but in addition on sims and lots.