Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 12:33 PM
Default Sims 4 objects converted to Sims 3 - legality? potential piracy?
Hi

With no desire to get The Sims 4 due to price and building limitations, and recently getting back into The Sims 3, I have noticed lots of high-quality Sims 4 objects converted to The Sims 3 and are available free of charge.
This sounds too good to be true to me - has EA released any official statement on whether or not using such conversions could be considered piracy.
EA support told me that using this corner bathtub without High-End Loft Stuff is piracy (installing the custom content without High-End Loft Stuff still displays the stuff pack logo next to the item).

Thanks for reading and God Bless.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:52 PM
Well, it depends on the game of course! Since the TS2 story games (Life stories, pet stories, etc.) However, all the other games (And we're not talking about console of course, but PC) Are allright to convert! We've actually clarified the whole converting thing in the guidelines as well

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._allowed_on_MTS

Quote:
Converted game content: You can freely modify sims game meshes and textures for use in any sims game, and EA doesn't seem to mind conversions of sims game/store content. However, you may not use meshes and textures from any other game to make Sims content to upload without permission from the original creator - i.e. the company that made the game you're taking pieces from.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well, it depends on the game of course! Since the TS2 story games (Life stories, pet stories, etc.) However, all the other games (And we're not talking about console of course, but PC) Are allright to convert! We've actually clarified the whole converting thing in the guidelines as well

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._allowed_on_MTS

Thanks for responding.

I've heard things about conversions from Life Stories, Pet Stories, Castaway Stories, and Medieval - what is the difference between downloading converted objects from those games vs downloading converted objects from The Sims 4 for use in The Sims 3?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 9:31 PM
As far as I know, is that EA considers those a bit like 'store' items I don't exactly know the reason behind this if i have to be honest with you, although it might just be the fact that EA considered/considers the stories games as a non-sims game in a way, as conversions from a game that are by them aren't allowed either (So for example, Battlefield>TS2/3/4)