Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by LizzieDarcy : 8th Feb 2017 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Grammar!
Default OMSPs in houses made for upload?
So I'm building this flathouse, trying to get as close to 221B Baker Street (as seen in BBCs Sherlock) as possible (as any fan would know) that means clutter, clutter, clutter and lots of clutter everywhere. For instance there's letters stabbed to the mantel, a headphones wearing bull skull at the wall, a cluedo board stabbed to the wall, yes Sherlock likes to stab stuff to other stuff.. my problem now is, that I'm not even remotely close to even finishing the first room and I've already lost track of the OMSP count (Sims can walk through the ones I use and as far as I can tell at this point, most usable stuff can still be used on them)... However, I was wondering now if there's some sort of thumb rule for OMSPs if you want to upload a house? Like is there a max amount you should use in houses, or places where one shouldn't put OSMPs because they could affect the game play (for instance inside the fireplace? Because I've head carpets catch on fire before, because they were placed too close to the fireplace..) I'm thankful for any advice here :3 general advice for houses made to upload them here on MTS is very welcome as well

I apologise in advance for every stupid question I'll ask. Actually sharing my creations instead of just making them for my own game is a whole new area for me ^.^
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:50 PM
There's no real maximum, no - as long as you keep track of which OMSPs you've used so downloaders can get them too. And yeah, putting anything next to a fireplace is a pretty good way to start a fire.

Bear in mind that there are multiple different sets of OMSPs and downloaders may not use the same ones you do. Given that, it's worth using mods which add slots to EA furniture before you go for the OMSPs, since there tends to be less duplication of such mods.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
There's no real maximum, no - as long as you keep track of which OMSPs you've used so downloaders can get them too. And yeah, putting anything next to a fireplace is a pretty good way to start a fire.

Bear in mind that there are multiple different sets of OMSPs and downloaders may not use the same ones you do. Given that, it's worth using mods which add slots to EA furniture before you go for the OMSPs, since there tends to be less duplication of such mods.

Well mods are all very well, my problem is that I really DO need the angled OMSPs (can't remember who made them right now) for the mentioned stabbing stuff to stuff, the stabbed letters for instance (just my luck on the mantle of the fireplace (let's set this house on fire! )) since I couldn't find proper angled knives anywhere - even now, I only have ancient daggers and the normal kitchen knife (speaking of it if someone knows if there's a decorative pocket knife or multi tool knife I'd be more than grateful).

Anyway, the stabbed object would take up the same slot as the decorative stabbing crack on the surface and the knife, so in that case a mod wouldn't help, unless it would allow to use the same slot for multiple objects :3 The Omsps I use are all made by the same person though, they are all on here as well and I believe they even all belong to the same set (which has a collection only option so they won't pack up the catalogue), which I hope makes it a little less bad?

I apologise in advance for every stupid question I'll ask. Actually sharing my creations instead of just making them for my own game is a whole new area for me ^.^